Jack's Shack

BenCruisin'

You can go to Jacks from the road outside the cruise port. But to get to the road/gate and golf carts, you will have to walk.

May I suggest looking into the Whales Tail on the right side of the cruise port where you can access it via the walks and pavement at the cruise port. It's cheaper, or was cheaper, than Margaritaville and Jack's. More food selection than at Jack's. Same rum as at Jack's. More seating and shade than at Jack's. No Toffer though.

Yes, you can access Jack's Shack via golf cart. We stop there and always have a golf cart as well. Just be warned, the road side isn't pretty and looks suspect. If you've never been it may make you think twice. It's fine and safe though, just park the cart and walk around the building and you're there.

You can go to Jacks from the road outside the cruise port. But to get to the road/gate and golf carts, you will have to walk.

May I suggest looking into the Whales Tail on the right side of the cruise port where you can access it via the walks and pavement at the cruise port. It's cheaper, or was cheaper, than Margaritaville and Jack's. More food selection than at Jack's. Same rum as at Jack's. More seating and shade than at Jack's. No Toffer though.

Is the Whales Tail inside the cruise port or outside? It doesn't show up on the cruise port map that is part of the website.

Is the Whales Tail inside the cruise port or outside? It doesn't show up on the cruise port map that is part of the website.

Inside. hang right out of dufry shop at pier and head toward the John Glen memorial stuff. Can't miss it.

LOVED the Whale Tail restaurant. We've done Jack's - not a favorite. Used to like Island Village - not there any longer. We decided to just hang at M'Ville this past cruise until we wandered over to the Whale. Menu, drinks, service, views, music, atmosphere were all amazing. I'd go back there before Jack's in a heartbeat.

Oh no! That is very sad, the two ladies that ran the place were great! Hopefully they rebuild!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was disappointed. I've not been there but will be in Grand Turk again next week and wanted to go there.

I was disappointed. I've not been there but will be in Grand Turk again next week and wanted to go there.

It was beautiful, do a Google image search for the Sandbar Cockburn Town or the Sandbar grand Turk...the food was good, beverages were ice cold, and the covered deck area was great for those really hot days. And the beach to the right had excellent sea glass. The two ladies also run manta house across the street, so hopefully they will rebuild.

It was beautiful, do a Google image search for the Sandbar Cockburn Town or the Sandbar grand Turk...the food was good, beverages were ice cold, and the covered deck area was great for those really hot days. And the beach to the right had excellent sea glass. The two ladies also run manta house across the street, so hopefully they will rebuild.

They've already posted that they will rebuild! The Sandbar was our desitnation of choice on our last cruise, but our port time of 7:00 am - 2:00 pm with all aboard at 1:30 really didn't give us much time to go there. (They didn't open until Noon). That's why we were happy to find the Beached Whale restaurant. GREAT conch, which was what I was looking for.

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone point me in the direction of photos of all of these places? I like having a visual so once we are there I can say "ah ha" this looks like the right place ! :)

P1020183-300x225.jpg

If you see the big sign that says "Jack's Shack", you're at Jack's Shack. If you see the big sign that says "Grand Turk Museum", you're not at Jack's Shack. ;p