Cozumel pharmacies

Jrb434

Taking my first cruise in April and am wondering about the pharmacy layouts. Is it like a pharmacy in the states where you have to ask the pharmacy staff or like a store where you browse the shelves? Thanks!

I am a local and I work at International pier. Shop in town where we shop. Smilaries on Calle 1, 1 block up from Ave 10 where the pedestrian area of the Zocolo ends. Ahora which actually is across the street from the pier, and YZA, not sure of locations as the one I use is way back in the neighborhoods. They usually will point out the ex date, if not please check it. Antibiotics will require an RX which you can get from the consulting doctors located at the farmacias. Free consult or 50 pesos, about 3 dollars.

Edited by PatyCake

I am a local and I work at International pier. Shop in town where we shop. Smilaries on Calle 1, 1 block up from Ave 10 where the pedestrian area of the Zocolo ends. Ahora which actually is across the street from the pier, and YZA, not sure of locations as the one I use is way back in the neighborhoods. They usually will point out the ex date, if not please check it. Antibiotics will require an RX which you can get from the consulting doctors located at the farmacias. Free consult or 50 pesos, about 3 dollars.

Thank you, Patycake.

I've used Discount Drugs and Souvenir shop for years and never been disappointed. Owned by Bobbie and Fernando and Bobbie is originally from Canada so or course she speaks perfect English. They just moved to a new location very convenient from the International Pier at #341 Rafael Melgar between 6th and 8th Avenue on the waterfront. Very clean and modern. If you know what you want you can email the store and they will even have it ready for you and you can ask them for prices. If anyone needs their email address I will post it.

Don't judge me for asking this question.

I've heard people say get your pharmacy items in Mexico it so much cheaper.

Quote: The U.S. has the highest prescription drug costs in the world, prompting many people to seek savings by buying their medicines from Canadian or Mexican pharmacies.

What pharmacy items are they taking about prescription meds or regular tylenol, ibuprofen, etc.

I'm just really curious, I've never been in a pharmacy in Mexico before ~

Don't judge me for asking this question.

I've heard people say get your pharmacy items in Mexico it so much cheaper.

Quote: The U.S. has the highest prescription drug costs in the world, prompting many people to seek savings by buying their medicines from Canadian or Mexican pharmacies.

What pharmacy items are they taking about prescription meds or regular tylenol, ibuprofen, etc.

I'm just really curious, I've never been in a pharmacy in Mexico before ~

I load up on my Retin-A and my asthma inhalers. Inhalers cost me around $50 each in the states and I get them for $3.50 each in Cozumel. I've never had any problem with the meds I've gotten there.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
I've used Discount Drugs and Souvenir shop for years and never been disappointed. Owned by Bobbie and Fernando and Bobbie is originally from Canada so or course she speaks perfect English. They just moved to a new location very convenient from the International Pier at #341 Rafael Melgar between 6th and 8th Avenue on the waterfront. Very clean and modern. If you know what you want you can email the store and they will even have it ready for you and you can ask them for prices. If anyone needs their email address I will post it.

Yes, if you would post it that would be great or you can email it to me at the address below.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Yup. Get all the antibiotics you can get your hands on. Help the antibiotic resistant diseases like CDiff MRSA and VRE!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love when someone makes a reply that no one asked for and has nothing to do with the subject. But hey thanks for stopping in.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
I love when someone makes a reply that no one asked for and has nothing to do with the subject. But hey thanks for stopping in.

Lots of folks in these threads are looking to buy antibiotics to self-prescribe. It's a dangerous and deadly practice that will leads to antibiotics being useless.

• Like 2

someone mentioned an arthritis cream I could get in Cozumel. Could anyone tell me what the name would be and where I could get it; thanks

It's called Voltaren gel. I can't take oral NSAIDS so this gel that I rub on the affected joints is truly a lifesaver. People should not jump to conclusions and get on their "high horse", not everyone buys antibiotics in the Mexican Pharmacias

• Like 3