Marriott in St. Thomas

IHateSnow!

Has anyone ever gone to the Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott in St. Thomas for the day? I'm on the 11/30 sailing of the Freedom and was looking at possibly getting a room with points here for the afternoon.

If you've been here - good amenities? Food?

If you wouldn't recommend this particular hotel are there any full service hotels on the island where I could either get a day pass/room or an room for the evening that we could use that day?

I know...there's other ways to go to the beach in St. Thomas - but this option works for our group that includes some little ones.

Edited by IHateSnow!

we did visit there on our last trip to St. Thomas and it is a very beautiful place. It is up the hill from the beach and you need to use an elevator to get down there. If you own at a Marriott (timeshare) or are Marriott card holder, you should be able to go in for free and use their facilities for the day for nothing except what you buy (food, drinks, etc).

Has anyone ever gone to the Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott in St. Thomas for the day? I'm on the 11/30 sailing of the Freedom and was looking at possibly getting a room with points here for the afternoon.

If you've been here - good amenities? Food?

Had dinner at Havana Blue at the Morning Star during a land-based trip in December... it was outstanding. I think they're only open for dinner though, so that probably doesn't help you, re: a day trip during a cruise stop

The Reef & Morningstar are 5 minutes from Havensite. The beach is free but you have to pay for the chair rentals. If you get a room however you have a place to shower and change and the chairs, umbrellas and some beach sports equipment are free. The problem would be the checkin time. They probably won't have the room ready before noon. Regardless of when you actually get the room as soon as you register you can use the amenities.

If you mainly want to use the beach I would request Morningstar. If you want to use the pools then register at the Reef.

The Reef & Morningstar are 5 minutes from Havensite. The beach is free but you have to pay for the chair rentals. If you get a room however you have a place to shower and change and the chairs, umbrellas and some beach sports equipment are free. The problem would be the checkin time. They probably won't have the room ready before noon. Regardless of when you actually get the room as soon as you register you can use the amenities.

If you mainly want to use the beach I would request Morningstar. If you want to use the pools then register at the Reef.

How much are the chairs and is there snorkel equip avail for rental? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...