Halifax port car rental sunday

Hi There

Will be in Halifax on a Sunday, docking at 7am

Planned on heading to Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg renting a car through Enterprise, alas seems their offices don't open til 11am on Sundays.

Has anyone been able to rent a car earlier than this on a Sunday, preferably near the Cruise Terminal, as I don't want to waste valuable time/money heading out to the airport ?

Cheers

Here is a thread to check: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1989879

Another person answered your query on Trip Advisor this way:

I checked Expedia and searched for a rental car on a Sunday. There are a number of rental agencies with offices downtown that are open at 8 or 9 on a Sunday morning, but not Enterprise. They aren't at the cruise port, but close enough that you could take a quick taxi ride or perhaps they will pick you up. Options include Avis, Budget, Thrifty, Hertz and Dollar.

Hi There

Will be in Halifax on a Sunday, docking at 7am

Planned on heading to Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg renting a car through Enterprise, alas seems their offices don't open til 11am on Sundays.

Has anyone been able to rent a car earlier than this on a Sunday, preferably near the Cruise Terminal, as I don't want to waste valuable time/money heading out to the airport ?

Cheers

We will be in Halifax on a Sunday, October 26. I have a reservation with Thrifty (1181 Hollis Street) -- their hours are 9 am to 1 pm (you can return the car when they are closed) on Sunday.

We will be in Halifax on a Sunday, October 26. I have a reservation with Thrifty (1181 Hollis Street) -- their hours are 9 am to 1 pm (you can return the car when they are closed) on Sunday.

Thrifty is in the hotel across the parking lot from the pier, so it is a great choice.

Edited by pizzalady1

Just a word of advice on Thrifty, and maybe all the other rental places. We reserved a car thru Thrifty for a 9:00AM pick up. Because we didn't know about the way thru the hotel to get to the Thrifty place, we had to walk all around and didn't get there till about 9:30AM. Lo and behold, they gave our car to another party. They did arrange a car for us thru AVIS, but we had to be shuttled to AVIS, do all the paperwork over again, and didn't get on the road till about 11:00 killing 2 hours of our valuable time. Lesson learned, if you see you are running a bit late, call the rental place and let them know you are on the way and to make sure they are holding your car.

Cheer

Len

Just a word of advice on Thrifty, and maybe all the other rental places. We reserved a car thru Thrifty for a 9:00AM pick up. Because we didn't know about the way thru the hotel to get to the Thrifty place, we had to walk all around and didn't get there till about 9:30AM. Lo and behold, they gave our car to another party. They did arrange a car for us thru AVIS, but we had to be shuttled to AVIS, do all the paperwork over again, and didn't get on the road till about 11:00 killing 2 hours of our valuable time. Lesson learned, if you see you are running a bit late, call the rental place and let them know you are on the way and to make sure they are holding your car.

Cheer

Len

Thanks for the heads up Len! We'll make sure we are there before 9 am - I'd rather wait for them to open than have your experience.

• 4 weeks later...

We found that if you call the car rental locations yourself you can get one of them to open early. We found 2 that were willing to pick us up at the pier and drove us to pick up our large suv and dropped us right off at the pier when we were done. Some will not be helpfull, but some were very accomidating.

We were in Halifax on a Sunday last September. I had booked a car at Budget (good price through Costco) but a bit of a walk (10 to 12 minutes) from the ship. When we returned it around 4:30, the office was closed so we left the car in the garage. We did take photos of all sides of the car, the odometer and the fuel gauge. That was a suggestion from friends who had had difficulties with other rental companies. Thankfully, we had none.