Marina - Washing Machines?

bunnybear

There is laundry equipment on each passenger deck. You buy tokens to operate them, soap is provided. I forget if the tokens are $1 or $2 (DH usually gets them) but the machines as I recall take two each.

There is also an iron and ironing board in each laundry room.

Mura

Soap is provided? Or, you get to buy their soap? There's a difference. :)

Ann

FREE or included what ever term you want to use

There is a soap dispenser on the wall

laundry%20room%20deck%207-M.jpg

Edited by LHT28

I wanted to verify that there are washing machines on the Marina

For Future Reference......as Oceania Cruise Director Leslie John would say, there is a self service launderette on every Passenger Cabin Deck of Marina and Riviera with the exception of Deck 12.

201233.jpg

The Laundry Rooms may be located on the deck plans by the hanger icon: 130255.jpg

b_094711.jpg, shown here on deck 9, just next to the Concierge Lounge.

Are the tokens purchased at the purser's desk or with cash in a vending machine or what? I know this sounds dumb, but each ship does things differently.

You can get them at reception

I usually just stop by on the way to/from dinner or after getting back onboard

DoulaAnn, that's not at all a dumb question!

Personally, I liked it when Marina (in her early days) used quarters because I happen to collect the quarters from our laundry machines at our housing Coop in NYC so it was easy for me to bring a roll of quarters on a cruise ... but I certainly was in the minority and I understand why O went back to the tokens.

It's really not a problem to buy them at Reception ... And for passengers who don't have access to quarters, the tokens are a far better option.

Mura

I believe there is also a machine in the laundry room where you can buy tokens. The laundry rooms are great. It's so nice to get those wet dirty cloths clean after a messy excursion. It can also really cut down on packing.

I believe there is also a machine in the laundry room where you can buy tokens. The laundry rooms are great. It's so nice to get those wet dirty cloths clean after a messy excursion. It can also really cut down on packing.

In my modest experience, the token vending machine in the laundry room is only found on Riviera and Marina. On the "R" ships, you must go to reception.

Just fyi, if you "overbuy" tokens and decide not to do that last load of wash, front desk will buy them back. At least they did on our recent Regatta cruise.

Yes they usually will buy them back

HMMM just thinking I might have some left from last cruise :eek:

I always make sure I have at least 4 USD bills with me when I board. Typically we spend at least 4 - 7 days pre-cruise and we have been trying very hard to pack very light. One of the first things I do once I get access to the stateroom is head to the laundry room and do a load. In fact we plan our packing around laundry days. The reception desk is usually a little crazy around this time so getting the tokens from the machine is much faster.

Something to consider is the laundry can get VERY busy on sea days. It's absolutely dead while in port usually. There's also an unspoken etiquette that is learned rather quickly... Set your timers and be back a few minutes before your load is done! If it's busy, people will not hesitate to remove your clothes from either the dryer OR washing machine if your cycle is done and sitting there. And because the wash cycles are about 1/2 that of the dryer cycles, timing can get tricky and you may miss your second load, etc. Personally I set the timer for the washing machine, finish unpacking and then head back to put my clothes in (or wait for/stalk) a dryer. People are friendly but this is no place for "I was only 15 minutes late" :)

I set the timer in my apartment at home just so that I can get to the laundry room before my wash or dryer is finished. (The dryer is even more crucial in case the items didn't completely dry.) I'm even MORE sure to be back in time on board the ship. And I fully expect that if I am late that is "my bad", and my items will have been dumped by someone waiting for the machine.

We have found that even on sea days, if you go to the laundry room around 4pm (tea time) or 5pm (liquor specials), it's usually easy to get a machine.

I've never tried to do laundry on the day we arrive as Corpkid does, simply because while we typically come in early for a cruise, usually it's only 2-3 days and we don't need to do laundry YET. On our upcoming Lima-NYC cruise in April we'll be arriving a week in advance, and on that occasion I'm sure we'll want to hit the laundry room ASAP.

Mura

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me the times that the laundry is open. I have just found out that our PH3 cabin is directly opposite the laundry and I am wondering how noisy our cabin will be. We have never had a cabin so close to the laundry before. I obviously didn't see the little "hanger" when I booked this cabin last year.

Jennie

I don't recall the hours of operation but I doubt you'll hear anything. There is a big heavy door plus a corridor leading to the actual laundry equipment. We twice were opposite the laundry room on Regatta (a much older ship) and never heard anything there, and there was no corridor separation.

Mura

Thanks to both of you for your prompt answers. I had a feeling that the laundry closed around 10pm each night and first wash wasn't until after 7am when we are usually awake. Thanks also for the information about the corridor and heavy door leading into the laundry. I am sure we will be happy with our suite.

Jennie