Picture-A-Week-2015 - Week 01

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, December 29 and Sunday, January 4.

Don't forget to make a 2014 picture-a-week book and publish a link to share!

Happy New Year Shooting!

Dave

Edited by pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, December 29 and Sunday, January 4. Don't forget to make a 2014 picture-a-week book and publish a link to share! Happy New Year Shooting! Dave

Appreciate, Dave, your updating for 2015 and the "01" posting. Times flies fast!! Yes, it's a New Year!! We are getting ready for a Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing over 26 days and will have lots of fun visuals to share during the next couple of months.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 89,913 views for this posting.

Yes, it's already 2015, in Australia and New Zealand. We super enjoyed our time eleven months ago in both Sydney and Auckland, plus for so many different, excellent locations in these two wonderful countries. Loved the people, sights, history, nature, etc., there so much. Great trip. Below are three of the Bing web visuals from a few hours ago as the new year was welcomed down under. Not my pictures, but there were taken during this magic, recent time period. Soon, it will be 2015 in Europe and the USA.

Happy New Year!! And best wishes for more great sailing, safe travels and exciting adventures during the upcoming twelve months. Looking forward to our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean on the Silver Cloud.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 90,292 views for this posting.

From Sydney’s famed Harbour Bridge as 2015 becomes official down under with their celebrated fireworks show. What a great way to start the new year!!:

Dec2014AA36_zps8a0b947f.jpg

In Auckland, NZ, here is how the 2015 fireworks looked off of their downtown landmark tower:

Dec2014AA39_zpsc11047ef.jpg

This Sydney visual from a few hours ago shows their iconic Opera House in the foreground!:

Dec2014AA40_zps36d51568.jpg

Rainy, cold and dreary here (yes, even in Arizona we get our moments) but the rose garden at the local community college is always in bloom. Stopped by to exercise the camera a little:

yellow08.jpg

yellow01.jpg

pink05.jpg

leaves01.jpg

Supposed to be snow on the mountains east of the Valley tonight, so hopefully cool pics tomorrow as well.

Rainy, cold and dreary here (yes, even in Arizona we get our moments) but the rose garden at the local community college is always in bloom. Stopped by to exercise the camera a little:

yellow08.jpg

yellow01.jpg

pink05.jpg

leaves01.jpg

Supposed to be snow on the mountains east of the Valley tonight, so hopefully cool pics tomorrow as well.

I swear that I can smell those roses.

Daisy, Hailee and Savannah enjoyed a few days of cousin time as Christmas 2014 extends into the state of Texas and the first week of 2015 (where fireworks are a Christmas thing).

Christmas Cousins

p763807937-5.jpg

Dave

Is it me, or is that Darth Vader in the Santa hat in the background?

I didn't even catch that. I was looking at the girls.

I have a cousin who has named her sons Owen and Luke.

Edited by PurpleHays

Hi! I'm a new poster to the photo board, but I have been inspired and educated by you folks for awhile now! I'd like to try to participate in the picture of the week starting right now...

P1000307.JPG

We spent the week of New Year's at a cabin we rented near Leavenworth, Washington. It was beautiful, but COLD!!! I spent a good half an hour trying to capture the icicles to my satisfaction, and this one is my favorite of the bunch.

P1000294.JPG

While I was messing around with the icicles, this little squirrel scampered up the tree right behind me. I couldn't resist taking his picture too.

Hi! I'm a new poster to the photo board, but I have been inspired and educated by you folks for awhile now! I'd like to try to participate in the picture of the week starting right now... We spent the week of New Year's at a cabin we rented near Leavenworth, Washington. It was beautiful, but COLD!!! I spent a good half an hour trying to capture the icicles to my satisfaction, and this one is my favorite of the bunch. While I was messing around with the icicles, this little squirrel scampered up the tree right behind me. I couldn't resist taking his picture too.

Krazy Kruizers: Dave Great picture of the cousins with their sparklers.

Yes' date=' super agree on loving the wonderful B&W picture by Dave of the cousins with their sparklers. [b']WELCOME to upriver mama[/b] and I offer strong encouragement to post more of your nice pictures. Loved both of your pictures, especially of this cute squirrel. Keep up the good work!! Give us more!!

I am not a great chef, but here is an update for our Saturday evening dining experience at our favorite neighborhood place, the Iron Grill BBQ & Brew. My cooking skills are limited to doing basic warm-ups, heating canned soup and making popcorn in the microwave. But, I love to eat and appreciate good, fun dining!!

Look good and interesting? Now watching the start of the NFL play-offs. The NFL, for those in Europe and around the world, is the National Football League. They are the big-time pro's who will have their Super Bowl game on Feb. 2 while we are sailing on the Amazon River in Brazil.

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, you might look at this earlier posting that shows many options and visual potentials for this city that is so great for "walking around", personally sampling its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 45,338 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

First, it was a cold draft of my favorite, Stella Artois. Then their wonderful baby back ribs with onion rings and garlic toast. The owner came by and offered us, for free, some of her home-made apple pie. Wonderful!! We shared the dessert among the four of us at our table. These pictures were taken with my iPhone, but they worked out fairly well in their quality.:

Jan2015AA14_zpsa4007ae1.jpg

Jan2015AA15_zpse421a98e.jpg

Jan2015AA16_zpsa999ae11.jpg

Before our Saturday night dinner, our afternoon fun was attending an Ohio State University basketball game in the 18,000+ seat campus arena. The game was nationally broadcast on ESPN and there was a special group dropping by that caused the fan to celebrate wildly with a standing ovation.

It was the Buckeye football team, coach Urban Meyer, etc.

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 26,004 views on this posting.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

First, the OSU football team was honored on center court of the basketball game versus Illinois. You can see the Ohio State coach, Urban Meyer, who has already won two National Championships while at Florida. He is in the white shirt. He is then being interviewed by the ESPN sports announcers. These various shots were taken from my seats across the court with my Nikon D7100 with an 18-140mm lens. Thursday night OSU beat number-one-ranked Alabama to advance to the National Championship football game versus Oregon on Jan. 12 in Arlington, Texas.:

Jan2015AA17_zpsad0f80cd.jpg

Jan2015AA18_zps272cb580.jpg

Now, back to the basketball game with the 20th ranked Buckeyes. They went on to rally for a 77-61 victory. OSU is now 12-3 for the season as they move into the heart of the Big Ten season. These pictures give a sampling of the "action" during the game, including with one of the super fans at court-side who is dressed to cheer his favorite team to victory. He goes by the title of "Buck-Eye-Guy" and gets lots TV attention while attending high-profile, national games.:

Jan2015AA19_zpse7f44324.jpg

Jan2015AA22_zps5fa668df.jpg

Jan2015AA21_zpsb7514fd8.jpg

Jan2015AA20_zps1cc7a89c.jpg