Grandeur - ocean view rooms

Just signed up for the Oct 5 trip to New England and booked an ocean view room. We opted for the cheap CAT Y room, which means they can put us in any ocean view room anywhere on the ship - their choice. Are we going to regret not picking a room? I guess its the roll of the dice. A primo room might open up at the last minute they put us into or we could end up in the bilge.

Any thoughts on this?

We have had ocean view on deck 2 forward, rooms and windows are smaller. Ship felt like it rocked more and it was noisier. Ocean view mid-ship, which we also have had on Grandeur, is much roomier with bigger window and less noise. Also closer to elevators. I personally would not take a forward ocean view or inside cabin again. We like to go cheap also, but for another few bucks, the mid-ship was much more enjoyable.

Just signed up for the Oct 5 trip to New England and booked an ocean view room. We opted for the cheap CAT Y room, which means they can put us in any ocean view room anywhere on the ship - their choice. Are we going to regret not picking a room? I guess its the roll of the dice. A primo room might open up at the last minute they put us into or we could end up in the bilge.

Any thoughts on this?

Yes, we don't know you , you don't know your cabin#, and your cruise has not happened so how would anyone know if you would regret it.

We have stayed in a deck2 ov on gots and it was fine

Do not go for a guarantee. As a previous poster stated- pay some more and go for a mid location with bigger windows Your time and vacation are valuable so better to pay now and enjoy your cruise.

Perhaps if you were taking a suite guarantee, my answer might be different.

This was our guarantee ocean view on the Grandeur last year........

IMG_1610.jpg

I was a little disappointed at first, but kind of got used to it. Reminded me of binoculars.

Gwen :)

Yes, I know they have a handfull of rooms with the 2 portholes and I'm ok with that. As long as my wife can look out the window and see sunlight, all is good.