Alaska on the Radiance June 16th - June 23rd

We are leaving tomorrow on the Radiance headed on a Northbound cruise and doing our own land portion after the cruise is over. I won't be having VOOM because, well, I'm pretty cheap and for a family of 5 Alaska is expensive enough! I will however be doing a full review afterwards so if you have any questions or anything you'd like me to find out for you just let me know. This is our first time to Alaska and will be sailing with a group. My mom was diagnosed with Parkinson's just over a year ago and this was her bucket list trip so we are going while she still can. It will be my mom and dad, my Aunt and Uncle, another Aunt, then my family (my husband, 3 boys ages 12, 10, and 7 month, and myself) My parents and Aunts and Uncle are flying into Vancouver today my family are driving there and seeing some sites along the way and will be getting into Vancouver later tonight. We are all so very excited!!

We are leaving tomorrow on the Radiance headed on a Northbound cruise and doing our own land portion after the cruise is over. I won't be having VOOM because, well, I'm pretty cheap and for a family of 5 Alaska is expensive enough! I will however be doing a full review afterwards so if you have any questions or anything you'd like me to find out for you just let me know. This is our first time to Alaska and will be sailing with a group. My mom was diagnosed with Parkinson's just over a year ago and this was her bucket list trip so we are going while she still can. It will be my mom and dad, my Aunt and Uncle, another Aunt, then my family (my husband, 3 boys ages 12, 10, and 7 month, and myself) My parents and Aunts and Uncle are flying into Vancouver today my family are driving there and seeing some sites along the way and will be getting into Vancouver later tonight. We are all so very excited!!

i am too cheap to pay for it too- you can use it while you are in ports- if you dont have it on your phone many restaurants, etc have free wireless (for the cost of maybe one drink or whatever- public library in Anchorage, outside of Tongrass Trading Company in Ketchikan, etc. Some of the excursions will have free wireless while you are waiting in their building etc.

I did just fine and checked my emails and made whatever phone calls i needed while in port. Have a great trip!

We're doing that cruise with kids about that age next month. Can you let me know if any of the shows (comedy or otherwise) were enjoyable and appropriate for your kids? My kids have really liked the "family" comedy shows on other cruises. Thanks! Also any other recommendations for the older kid/tween age group would be greatly appreciated.

Doing this cruise next year (in reverse) so very interested to read about your DIY land portion. And what you do in each port too.

Please can you include where you stay / eat and what $$$$ it cost....I am already getting the impression that Alaska is VERY expensive!

Little Britain - we leave next week for the southbound version which sounds like the trip you will be on. We are flying into anchorage wed, doing a salmon berry tour of the city and hitting the hatchery on thursday, then doing a salmonberry transfer on friday which hits a couple of cool spots (tram ride, wildlife center, exit glacier, etc). After the cruise we are hanging in vancouver a few days and doing grouse mountain, capilano suspension bridge, stacey park, granville island, and other sights around town.

Doing southbound in June of 2018 and just enjoying everyone's experiences and hoping to learn a lot as well. We added the 6 day land tour on the front end through RCCI. Thanks for your info and have a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing southbound in June of 2018 and just enjoying everyone's experiences and hoping to learn a lot as well. We added the 6 day land tour on the front end through RCCI. Thanks for your info and have a great time!

you will be so very glad that you added the land tour- you see so much in the interior- especially Denali! You will love it. Have a wonderful time!

Hi, Shorti503, I will be on that cruise in July. If possible, could you please find out prices for the house brand wine by the glass, not bottles. I'm mainly interested in Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon. Thank you and have a great trip!

Same here. Which one? We're doing the 6/22 sailing (with 6-day land tour beginning 6/16).

Same here. Which one? We're doing the 6/22 sailing (with 6-day land tour beginning 6/16).

Hi OCSC Mike - that's the one! My res says land tour begins 06/17/18 & cruise begins 06/22/18. We hope to fly 06/16 for an extra day arrival. Nice to meet you!

Hi OCSC Mike - that's the one! My res says land tour begins 06/17/18 & cruise begins 06/22/18. We hope to fly 06/16 for an extra day arrival. Nice to meet you!

They have several pre-cruise land tours, we might just be doing different ones (ours is 7B, supposed to arrive in Alaska on 6/16 but like you might go a day early). To be honest, Alaska was my wife's idea and I'm just going along for the ride. She's done all the research and I've only chimed in with minor opinions (like no, I'm sorry, but you know I'm out of shape and cannot do a 7-hour hike that includes climbing). :) I'll get more involved over time.

Nice to meet you too.

They have several pre-cruise land tours, we might just be doing different ones (ours is 7B, supposed to arrive in Alaska on 6/16 but like you might go a day early). To be honest, Alaska was my wife's idea and I'm just going along for the ride. She's done all the research and I've only chimed in with minor opinions (like no, I'm sorry, but you know I'm out of shape and cannot do a 7-hour hike that includes climbing). :) I'll get more involved over time.

Nice to meet you too.

Too funny. Although it is kind of working that way on our planning adventures too. Hubby is currently designing a Vegas (his Mecca) itinerary for December with friends. I'm working in Alaska. We'll have to meet up on the cruise! I'm sure there will be a M&M. [emoji851]