Half Moon Cay

ajtraveler66

Going to be on the Carnival Elation next month. Any recommendations on beaches? Is it best to arrange an excursion or are there good beaches within walking distance of the port? Any information you have will be helpful.

Any other activities that might be of interest for "young" senior adults--other than the beach? [We're all in our 60's].

On Half Moon Cay, you can walk the entire island in under an hour. The beaches are clearly walkable from the tender port. We enjoyed feeding the sting rays as well as bicycling the island. Our snorkeling trip was cancelled on the last trip 2 years ago, so I can't comment on that aspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

so this will be my first time going to half moon cay... from what it looks like.. once you stop you get taxi'd to the dock and then looks to be if the beaches and all are right there? everything in walking distance?

Yes, everything is in walking distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have a wonderful time on HBC.

I walk far. I walk on the lime cliff rocks. I see sign that say you cant go further but I keep on walking.

I hope one day to walk the whole island and come back on the port. Anyone done this?

Here is what I did last week when I was there: http://www.mapmywalk.com/workout/2025073763

• 3 weeks later...

How do you pay for the new lobster shack lunch? Cash or sign and sail card? Or back on ship at end of cruise? I want to pay for 2 lunches for me and my wife. I am in a wheelchair. She can push me for BBQ, lobster lunches and drinks. What is best way? Will be at ROC airport till flight at 5:30am then will change planes in DC till we get down to FLL and embark on ms Rotterdam around lunchtime. Let me know best suggestions for this. Alan and Joan

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back. The further you go down the beach, the closer the trees are to the water and you can put a lounger under the trees. Also, there are hammocks scattered around that are somewhat shaded. They look like they belong to the cabanas but are fair game for anyone.