NCL Tipping Butler/Concierge?

grtwithntr

O.K.,,,, you are responding to a thread that is over a year old.

Newbies can't win on this board.

Start a thread, get told off because it's been answered a million times and they should search for it.

Respond to a thread, get told off because the thread is old and they (apparently) should start a new one.

It's her 7th post. It's okay to answer her question without trying to embarrass her.

No wonder so many threads have "Please don't flame me" as their topic.

We also will be in our first suite in less than two months....how do we pay, do we arrange payment for them through our NCL account somehow? I know we need to pay them extra tips but just haven't looked into how we actually do that.

I believe you can do it through your onboard account (or at least you used to be able to do so); however, we always tipped in cash to keep it simple (and avoid the figuring out of transferring from the onboard account to them, etc.).

Thanks Frick & Frack....did you just leave the cash in envelopes labeled in your room? Appreciate your help on the details!

I handed it directly to the Concierge, Butler and Room Steward. Usually in a small envelope with a note (yes, still filled out the Vacation Hero cards - but, I liked just including the short note).

I usually did the Concierge on day before "home". Same with Room Steward and Butler (Room Steward in evening, Butler in afternoon/evening). Too much craziness on departure morning (just my opinion of course).

Newbies can't win on this board.

Start a thread, get told off because it's been answered a million times and they should search for it.

Respond to a thread, get told off because the thread is old and they (apparently) should start a new one.

It's her 7th post. It's okay to answer her question without trying to embarrass her.

No wonder so many threads have "Please don't flame me" as their topic.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=19246088#post19246088

YOU are off topic!

We give a cash tip in an envelope to them the last evening. The two of us really don't have any needs from the Butler or Concierge other than the most minimum services. And...there is no suggested or required formula for tipping them. For us, assuming nothing excessive was required from either, I tip the butler $100 and the concierge $75 for a 7 day cruise. Room steward probably $50. No right...no wrong....

This is such a great thread! We are sailing to Alaska on the Sun next month in an aft penthouse. This is only our second cruise and the first in a suite, so I was curious about the tipping. Do I tip a certain amount up front and the rest at the end or all up front? Or? I'm not sure how much we will utilize the butler and concierge because that's new to us but I'll try.

I'm excited about the priority boarding, that's for sure!

I wonder, can you see the eclipse from the Sun?

At any rate, I have always tipped the butler and concierge at the end of the cruise. The amount is based on what they did for you. However, never tip them more than 45 degrees or they might fall over.

• 2 months later...
Going on a 4 day cruise on NCL sky Can someone tell me why the daily fee is $18.99 pp, but on the other ships they are only $13.99.

Putterguy

I would imagine it is because of the open bar. On other ships, one pays an 18% gratuity on either a purchased drink package or when they get it as a perk.