Maxi Skirts

AmandaBlue

Just got back from Walmart and got this -

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Faded-Glory-Women-s-Maxi-Skirt-with-Shirred-Waistband/33579569

I decided to try out a maxi skirt thanks to all of you :) I am 5' 4" (ok, almost 5'4") and always thought I would look shorter. Not to mention that I do not do tank tops since (I think) my arms are huge, but have always thought that the only way to wear a maxi skirt is with tank tops.

I got the black and off white skirt, paired it with a black Old Navy tank I use for layering, cropped denim jacket and my brand new sandals ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00695STC6/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). Looks super cute!

Wanted to get the green one (it is like an army green) but they did not have it in my size. Maybe I will get it online.

I ordered this maxi skirt online and got it yesterday~ I love it~ it's tan and black and it's 94% poly and 6% spandex! Pair it with a black tank and a black sweater in the evenings~perfect!

maxi.jpg

Edited by Alliezona09

I ordered this maxi skirt online and got it yesterday~ I love it~ it's tan and black and it's 94% poly and 6% spandex! Pair it with a black tank and a black sweater in the evenings~perfect!

maxi.jpg

That is gorgeous!

Love that skirt, where did you find it?

That is gorgeous!

Thank you~ I saw it on Pinterest first and fell in love with it~ this is where I found it~ they also have a white and turquoise one that I might have to get too~

http://sweetnsassyus.com/ It cost $28 which is a bit pricey but free shipping and I got it in less than a week~

Thank you~ I saw it on Pinterest first and fell in love with it~ this is where I found it~ they also have a white and turquoise one that I might have to get too~

http://sweetnsassyus.com/ It cost $28 which is a bit pricey but free shipping and I got it in less than a week~

sold out - darn! yours is prettier than the turquoise IMO.

I would never have looked at that print in a store - but so cute on. I just found a paisley one on Amazon...make me stop!!!

Edited by Mytime2014

I've always loved maxi dresses and my daughter talked me into a navy blue and white striped maxi skirt last weekend. I also found a (very light) navy jacket to go with it. She told me I needed a coral top to go with it. Came home and looked through my closet and found the perfect top. The outfit is so comfortable! I'm vertically challenged too!;)

Hi Ladies,

just an fyi..I saw these on nomorerack.com today and ordered them..I forgot I had an $18.00 credit so for $13.00 total for 3 dresses:eek:I figured just to go for it..The deal is for 3 dresses which I guess they choose...

Michelle

169420-1-rg.jpg

Edited by Princessmich

Ladies, I love all your maxies! :D

I have several myself and because I'm one of those that don't like to show their arms :eek:...I wear mine with 3/4-length, sleeved blouses that have an elastic bottom. The elastic bottoms are usually about 4 to 5 inches wide and because it causes the top to blouse over...it hides your tummy for times when you might be a little bloated. I get them in stretchy knits or silky fabrics. Most, but not all can be worn off-the-shoulder (think peasant-type blouses). I love them with my maxies! I will also, for cooler nights in the MDR or on deck wear them with a a t-shirt and a lightweight denim jacket. I've got some that are not actually made of denim...but lightweight cotton. Also, some of my tops don't have elastic bottoms but they'll have a stretchy knit 4-5 inch bottom. I wear them so they sit on my hips. I also have recently worn tops that are tunic-length and have a-line bottoms with handkerchief hems over my maxi skirts. I know it sounds weird, but I love the look. I also sometimes check with my young niece (26), who I often shop with, to see if I've gone off the charts age-wise with some of my crazy choices. She's always honest with me. She recently, for example, had this to say about one of my choices; "Uh, Aunt Mousey, you're not going to Coachella by any chance are you? I think you're having a flashback from when you went to Woodstock. Cute...but no way." LOL!

I hope this helps as ideas for other options!

Edited by mousey

I love maxi dresses/skirts but have never tried them on because I'm only 5'1! Now it is my mission to find a maxi skirt that I can wear on my next cruise (less than a month away yay). They are so cute. I don't want to pay to have something hemmed so hopefully I will find a store with a petite section. :D

This is an example I found of how I wear mine. Say yes to chevron!

Versatile fashion for travel, excursion, or casual dining, they are acceptable and you never feel underdressed. And they're expandable, as the cruise wears in and I forgo the gym :) ImageUploadedByForums1398138491.263994.jpg.da1e725d97fdf3331e6ffb441be16d8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love maxi dresses/skirts but have never tried them on because I'm only 5'1! Now it is my mission to find a maxi skirt that I can wear on my next cruise (less than a month away yay). They are so cute. I don't want to pay to have something hemmed so hopefully I will find a store with a petite section. :D

JC Penney has petite maxi skirts. Go to their website and search maxi skirts. They will show petite ones. Also if you get the ones with the roll down tops, you can wear those too. Like I said I'm 5'2...so that's what I do.

This is an example I found of how I wear mine. Say yes to chevron!

Versatile fashion for travel, excursion, or casual dining, they are acceptable and you never feel underdressed. And they're expandable, as the cruise wears in and I forgo the gym :) [ATTACH]310218[/ATTACH]

Cute!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Ladies, I love all your maxies! :D

I have several myself and because I'm one of those that don't like to show their arms :eek:...I wear mine with 3/4-length, sleeved blouses that have an elastic bottom. The elastic bottoms are usually about 4 to 5 inches wide and because it causes the top to blouse over...it hides your tummy for times when you might be a little bloated. I get them in stretchy knits or silky fabrics. Most, but not all can be worn off-the-shoulder (think peasant-type blouses). I love them with my maxies! I will also, for cooler nights in the MDR or on deck wear them with a a t-shirt and a lightweight denim jacket. I've got some that are not actually made of denim...but lightweight cotton. Also, some of my tops don't have elastic bottoms but they'll have a stretchy knit 4-5 inch bottom. I wear them so they sit on my hips. I also have recently worn tops that are tunic-length and have a-line bottoms with handkerchief hems over my maxi skirts. I know it sounds weird, but I love the look. I also sometimes check with my young niece (26), who I often shop with, to see if I've gone off the charts age-wise with some of my crazy choices. She's always honest with me. She recently, for example, had this to say about one of my choices; "Uh, Aunt Mousey, you're not going to Coachella by any chance are you? I think you're having a flashback from when you went to Woodstock. Cute...but no way." LOL!

I hope this helps as ideas for other options!

Thanks for the idea - I love it! I love off the shoulder peasant tops so I will definitely try this! Do you have any favorite places to find the tops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any favorite places to find the tops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice!!

H&M has them...:)

P.s. I carry on a hefty variety of accessories to jazz everything up. Very fun!

ImageUploadedByForums1398223720.598552.jpg.fc49a3c8e3f1dd5977ff1af8c4280b1e.jpg

JC Penney has petite maxi skirts. Go to their website and search maxi skirts. They will show petite ones. Also if you get the ones with the roll down tops, you can wear those too. Like I said I'm 5'2...so that's what I do.

Thank you! I work at Target and see all these cute maxi skirts and want to scream because I can't wear them. lol I'll have to check out JCP. The mall where I live is huge and crowded and gives me an anxiety attack so I'll have to wait till I visit family in a few weeks. lol The mall there is smaller and less crowded on a Saturday than my local mall is on a weekday during normal school/work hours!