Very pleased with Silversea Customer Service

lisiamc

We arrived in Tokyo last night, all set to pick up our cruise tomorrow. We booked the flight and hotel as a package with the cruise, and the flight from London to Tokyo connected in Dubai. Our flight leaving London was delayed by two hours, and we just barely made our connection. My suitcase didn't, although DH's did. Of course, I had packed most of my stuff in my checked bag, since the carry-on limit on Emirates is only 15 kg. So I had only what I stood up in plus one extra top and a couple pairs of clean knickers!! :eek:

I had rung our travel agent to let them and Silversea know that our flight was late, and we might miss the connection. By the time we arrived in Tokyo, there was an airline representative there to meet us, to explain that my suitcase didn't make it, and to reassure me that it would come the following day. When we got to the hotel, they were also aware of the missing bag, and reassured me that they would bring it to our room as soon as it was delivered. Today, I had a word with the Silversea representative who was available at the hotel for several hours this afternoon, and she also took responsibility for following up on the missing suitcase. It arrived about an hour earlier than expected, and was delivered to our room while we were at dinner.

So well done to Silversea, the airline, the baggage transport service, and the hotel! Their combined efforts saved me from being "that woman" with only one outfit for the entire cruise. The delayed suitcase was unfortunate, and can happen on any flight, which is why we flew in a day early. (We might aim for two next time! :p) The coordinated effort to get it back to me and keep me informed was exceptional. I'm SO grateful and relieved!

Edited by lisiamc

Yes, Emirates are well know for their customer service and win many customer sat surveys and it was Emirates who tracked and forwarded and ensured that your case got to you with minimal delay and they certainly deserve your praise. :)

Many other airlines aren't as pro-active as Emirates. SS's role was simply to ask them how it was progressing.

Enjoy your cruise.

Jeff