Singapore how far and long cruise terminal to airport

bostonfred

Two cruise terminals in Singapore they are located close to each other. Most Royal ships dock at the Marina Bay Cruise Terminal, it is a short walk to the MRT, which is fast and cheap to the airport. But I to recommend taking a taxi, under $20 (Sing) and less than 30 minutes anytime of the day.

Traffic is not a problem in Singapore unless a major event is taking place like the F1 race in September.

Can anyone tell me how long it will take to get to airport from cruise terminal, and is a taxi the best way....Thanks!

Where is your ship docking? If Royal Caribbean or Celebrity or NCL, then you are likely docking at Marina Bay. Here is a video I made of the Marina Bay cruise terminal. You can see the taxi stand, as well as the walk to the MRT.

[YOUTUBE]-a5WI-KinVQ[/YOUTUBE]

Take a taxi if you are going to the airport, since you have luggage.

• 2 weeks later...

We took the metro to and from the cruise ship in Singapore. You have 3 to four stairs to negotiate at the Marina South Pier Station. Otherwise, there are escalators etc to get you around. Cost is about 2.50 SDG per person (machines only take coins and 5 and 10 dollar bills). Time it took to get from hotel to cruise ship was about 20 min (there was a wait for the train). From cruise ship to airport - 40 min to 60 min total. It was easy and comfortable. When you are at the Marina South Pier Station, it is about a 10 - 15 minute walk to the ship. All on flat ground, paved, and covered. Very easy to do if you do not have mobility issues.

I'm normally a fan of public transit, but I would vote for a cab, too. The MRT is easy to navigate, but the price difference of $15 or so isn't enough to make me want to drag even my relatively small carry-on bag to the subway. It's hot and humid in Singapore, and I would have been a puddle by the time I arrived at the airport. (Yes, the MRT is air conditioned, but it's the walk from the pier to the station that would do me in). The cab is door to door and well worth it, IMO.