Jewel of the Seas Dry Dock/Revitalisation

We are on the 3/27 to 4/3/2016 cruise. The second half of our side to side. Did not realize it was the last sailing before drydock. Is there anything to worry about? Like beginning some of the work before we disembark?

Regina

Just sailed the Jewel in July and yes our cabin still had a tube tv. Those will obviously be replaced.

So incredibly sad that the Seaview will be removed. We ate there several times and loved the option. I would really hate to see it replaced with an Izumi (HATE) or a stupid suite.

All in all she's still a wonderful ship.

It will almost definitely be replaced with an Izumi. I love Izumi.

We love Seaview and wish it would stay. However, we know it will be replaced. However, we also hope that it won't be Izumi!!! would much prefer Samba, Sabor, Rita's. Have not eaten at an Izumi on any ship yet and would not eat at it if it is added to JW.

We love Seaview and wish it would stay. However, we know it will be replaced. However, we also hope that it won't be Izumi!!! would much prefer Samba, Sabor, Rita's. Have not eaten at an Izumi on any ship yet and would not eat at it if it is added to JW.

Most recently, they have added Izumi, Rita's, Chef's Table, and Park Cafe.

So you're against Izumi yet you never ate there? you must really hate Asian food to know give it a try.

I would love for them to bring Izumi but please add the Hibachi tables.

So you're against Izumi yet you never ate there? you must really hate Asian food to know give it a try.

Yes, the tepenyaki experience is a hoot, even without fire. I do love an onion volcano

It is not that I am "against" Izumi...I just definitely prefer other specialty restaurants! First off, as I said I would "prefer" Seaview to stay....but not gonna happen! So my preferences would be something other than Izumi. We love Samba on AL! I have not had the opportunity to dine at Sabor but Mr Ski has and said it is fabulous! Now...my reasoning for "preferring" Rita's over Izumi.....We do enjoy Asian food. However, we eat Mexican food about 30 times to every one time we eat Asian...so you can see we just "prefer" something similar to Rita's over Izumi. Also, I can get "my share" of Asian food most any day at any WJ. I don't do sushi! The usual options availalable in the Asian section of WJ will satisfy my Asian hunger during any cruise. We have never tried Izumi on any ship that we have been on that has it. As far as I can recall, we have tried every other specialty restaurant on the few ships in the fleet we have been on. (Still other specialty restaurants we haven't tried on ships we haven't been on.!)

However, I seriously doubt my "wishes" will be considered during the revitalization! :)

Edited by skiiergirl

As others have said, on our recent Jewel sailing our balcony cabins still had the clunky old tvs. Much prefer the new tvs like we had on Nav after its refit.

Not a fan of big poolside Screens except for lines offering night time movies, but I know that is where the market is headed, so I will suffer through. To me its just poolside noise pollution, so I spend most of my time in the Solarium area.

Also, not sure what they will be doing to the Diamond/Concierge lounge situation, but I know there are plans. We just took part of the Vortex lounge for our Diamond events, which was fine with me, but I imagine they will have a designated space after refit.

As far as Izumi goes, I am not a big Sushi fan, but my wife likes it and I enjoyed going with her on Nav and found the food and atmosphere quite good. It was nice to have the great ocean views from there. Even if its not for everyone, it does create a diverse (and very popular) dining option that separates it from basic MDR fare.

I really like the enhancements made to the Serenade/Radiance/Brilliance. Personally, I couldn't tell that there were any more people on board due to the additional staterooms.

I really liked the new pub, concierge/diamond lounges, as well as Park Cafe. The only thing I did not like was removing the Seaview Cafe (However the park cafe made up for that)

I have our first family cruise planned on the JOTS 12/27 this year- pre refurb. As a means to get my feet wet, I took my 15 yo son on a three day bahama cruise on Enchantment of the Seas two weeks ago. I learned a lot. What I don't like, as well as what I do. Our service was mediocre at best-- even as a first time cruiser. The lines for drinks were ridiculous and I didn't have my expectations high.

My question is--- WHY all the secrecy and conjecture about what is to happen to JOTS. It is her patronage (YOU) who "paid' for all this---- why aren't they more just up front about what will happen? Where your money is going..... I don't understand. I realize cruising is a business, but why all the secrecy?? Why not get their supporters "on board" with the renovations??? ( pun intended). Map it out. Let people know. There are soooooo many message boards on this one topic. I don't get it

I...My question is--- WHY all the secrecy and conjecture about what is to happen to JOTS. It is her patronage (YOU) who "paid' for all this---- why aren't they more just up front about what will happen? Where your money is going..... I don't understand. I realize cruising is a business, but why all the secrecy?? Why not get their supporters "on board" with the renovations??? ( pun intended). Map it out. Let people know. There are soooooo many message boards on this one topic. I don't get it

Maybe Royal is afraid that some other cruise line will steal their ideas? ;)

Seriously, I susoect one reason is that they want to be able to change their minds about the set of improvements without anyone knowing.