Mama Mia show changed

carsaw

I don't know why they would put Mama Mia on any ship that isn't all female.

It is definitely a chick flick and most men will be bored.

I saw it on Oasis and it was fine. My husband decided not to go and after sitting through it myself, I'm glad that he didn't.

It doesn't seem fair to the entire ship population ,that they wouldn't have a production that appeals to both sexes.

I guess after dinner the woman will see the show and the men will gather in the sports bar and smoke cigars.

Mamma Mia is being changed out before the ship heads to China. I have not heard what the new show is going to be but have indeed heard from our RCI sales rep that they are indeed replacing Mamma Mia.

Then the next question is, what about Rock of Ages on Anthem? Is that being changed out before coming to the States?

Then the next question is, what about Rock of Ages on Anthem? Is that being changed out before coming to the States?

We Will Rock You is the show on Anthem, not Rock of Ages. I highly doubt they'll change it before Anthem reaches Bayonne given the expense and labor that goes into acquiring the rights to a show and installing it on a ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85

We Will Rock You is the show on Anthem, not Rock of Ages. I highly doubt they'll change it before Anthem reaches Bayonne given the expense and labor that goes into acquiring the rights to a show and installing it on a ship.

They also made the show announcement several months after the decision to move her so I'm sure they thought about it. If they were going to have to change it they likely would have looked for a different show to save money, even if it added another month before the announcement. Who knows, maybe they did and we should have known about a different show earlier.

I saw it on Oasis and it was fine. My husband decided not to go and after sitting through it myself, I'm glad that he didn't.

It doesn't seem fair to the entire ship population ,that they wouldn't have a production that appeals to both sexes.

First of all, dont judge the stage version based on the awful movie.

Second, most musicals would probably skew female anyway. I am not sure what you would consider to be a manly musical, Oklahoma?

While both We Will Rock You and Rock of Ages are jukebox musicals, We Will Rock you is based on the Music of Queen while Rock of Ages uses music from many different bands of the 80s.

Mamma Mia is being changed out before the ship heads to China. I have not heard what the new show is going to be but have indeed heard from our RCI sales rep that they are indeed replacing Mamma Mia.

Given that Mama Mia is a huge success in China I'm not sure that RCI will change the show given how much they have already spent on it. RCI sales reps are some of the last to know what is actually happening.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thankfully this is just your opinion, but thanks for speaking for everyone!...:rolleyes: