Cabin choices

Margaret Anne

What are you unhappy about? Location? Size? Cost?

Ā 

Ship cabins are nowhere near as nice or large as hotel rooms (at least, in America!)

Ā 

If you couldn't get a balcony, not all is lost! There are PLENTY of places for your viewing pleasure. Same goes with side of ship.

Ā 

Let us know what the problem is....maybe we have suggestions!

Edited by cb at sea

First problem is location. Inside cabin 8133 is above a night club!!! They say it is soundproof. I very much doubt that. Second problem is I am going with daughter and son in law...two cabins at opposite ends of the ship. Al long walk I would imagine but never been on a cruise ship in my life!

Travel Agent says "to bad, so sad".

Call the cruise line directly and have them help you, don't take no for an answer go up the chain till you are happy.

Ā 

Have called several times and will continue. NCL says no more inside rooms available and I can't make changes as I booked through a travel agent. Really to bad, first cruise, a birthday present for my daughter who is just finishing chemotherapy.šŸ˜’šŸ˜’

Margaret Anne,

Ā 

If I were in your position and stuck with the cabin situation as it is I would focus on the positives and adapt to the negatives. Positives: going on a cruise! :D A cruise to Alaska, no less! :D Daughter is FINISHED with chemo! :D There's a lot to be thankful for.

Ā 

Adapting to negatives: With all the eating I would likely be doing on the cruise I will feel good that I'm getting a little exercise walking between the cabins. Or, if I don't visit the other cabin much due to the distance, heck, maybe the daughter will appreciate the privacy? NOISE from the club below? Some soft ear plugs should cure that problem.

Ā 

My bottom line is this: If I'm going on vacation it's all good. I'm not going to let a few negatives destroy what is otherwise a great time/experience. I'm going to focus on what's good. In other words, I CHOOSE to be happy and CHOOSE not to find ways to make myself miserable. That conscious decision to enjoy the situation really does work.

Have called several times and will continue. NCL says no more inside rooms available and I can't make changes as I booked through a travel agent. Really to bad, first cruise, a birthday present for my daughter who is just finishing chemotherapy.[emoji19][emoji19]

Ā 

Ā 

You can't make changes, but your travel agent can. Have you talked to him or her?

Our cabin on the Serenade of the Seas was directly over the Safari Nightclub. The only time I ever noticed it was one night when I could feel/hear some of the bass from the band playing. Still slept like a baby :)

try to talk to guest services right after embarkation - sometimes somebody cancel at the last minute and cabins may be available.

people usually do not spend too much time in the cabin on Alaska cruise and you can always communicate with your daughter via telephones (i understand that it is not the same but it is better than nothing)

please consider checking prices, last minute price drop may happen (not usual on Alaska cruise, but still...) and may be doing upgrade to higher category to be closer to each other...

if at the end, nothing could be done with cabin change, well - enjoy your cruise with your daughter to beautiful Alaska

Great advice Scubadoobie2. I am sure the cabin situation will be less of a problem than imagined, don't let it spoil the anticipation of that great trip.

Ā 

Agreed! Just very annoyed that I took the time to go to a travel agency and tell them I know absolutely nothing about cruising and they did not tell me that I had no choice in selecting cabins in the category I chose and then continue to say they did tell me! And they say sorry, we can't do anything.

Ā 

Never been on a cruise so any helpful hints from experienced cruisers would be welcome....perhaps also hints on navigating this forum!!!šŸ˜Š