Snorkel sites we can reach by bus or drift snorkeling Aruba?

Losnab

We love to snorkel and have a long port day on a Saturday.

Would have liked to plan a private drift snorkel excursion bur these do not seem to be publised as available on Saturdays via the few websites that I found.

We took a bus to a lovely snorkeling site with great folks we met on a cruise several years back but do not recall the bus number or beach that we went to.

Any recommendations or experiences that you can share?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You probably took the bus to Boca Catalina or Arashi before. The bus number is 10. There is a nice sailboat called Tranquilo that does a drift snorkel and has another snorkel stop. I haven't done this but I know lots of people who have and loved it.

Thanks - I did reach out Tranquiloaruba and unfortunately they have a private charter booked that day. They confirmed that the drift snorkel is exclusively something they do.

Any feedback re. pros and cons of Arashi and/or Boca Catalina?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Google Pescado Amarillo's (yellow fish cruises) travel blog and follow the links for Aruba. They are experts on the use of local transportation and discuss various beach and snorkeling spots. Invaluable info is available there. Drift snorkeling is discussed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...

I would take the bus to Boca Catalina. It's a very small beach, but not used as much as some of the other popular beaches. Walk into the water and head toward the right (facing the water). This will be heading toward Arashi. There's usually a lot of boats that will go directly to this spot and have the snorkelers get off the boat and swim in that area. No need to pay for this when it's so easy to do it on your own.

It's not very deep at all and you can stand up in many places along the way to the reef area.

I did a small review (on all the beaches)...located HERE. Scroll down to Boca and also Arashi and there is a description of our day there along with a link to all of my pictures, both from the beach and snorkeling, and it would give you an idea of what is there.

• 2 weeks later...
I would take the bus to Boca Catalina. It's a very small beach, but not used as much as some of the other popular beaches. Walk into the water and head toward the right (facing the water). This will be heading toward Arashi. There's usually a lot of boats that will go directly to this spot and have the snorkelers get off the boat and swim in that area. No need to pay for this when it's so easy to do it on your own.

It's not very deep at all and you can stand up in many places along the way to the reef area.

I did a small review (on all the beaches)...located HERE. Scroll down to Boca and also Arashi and there is a description of our day there along with a link to all of my pictures, both from the beach and snorkeling, and it would give you an idea of what is there.

Appreciate the detailed reviews you give!

Quick question, and apologies if you cover it elsewhere.........

After reading your review we're planning to head to Boca Catalina in the A.M. to snorkle over in the spot you've indicated. Sounds perfect being shallow with lots to look at.

Once we're done, would it be "walkable" to get from Boca to Arashi to use the facilities/restaurant?

We'll have a 5 and 7 year old with us.........

Appreciate the detailed reviews you give!

Quick question, and apologies if you cover it elsewhere.........

After reading your review we're planning to head to Boca Catalina in the A.M. to snorkle over in the spot you've indicated. Sounds perfect being shallow with lots to look at.

Once we're done, would it be "walkable" to get from Boca to Arashi to use the facilities/restaurant?

We'll have a 5 and 7 year old with us.........

When you look on google earth, I have the below picture marked with Boca Catalina Beach (this is where you go and snorkel out toward the boats you see in the picture). You can take that road toward Arashi and around. I have never done it, but plenty of people said you could and it's an easy walk.

walk-L.jpg