American Icon dining

I have my time dining as that was all that showed on my cruise planner. I have reserved times. Does anyone know if the menus are the same for all dining venues?

With room service on a large ship, is the food hot when it arrives, for example scrambled eggs?

We are not on the ship for the food but I am interested in hearing views.

I have my time dining as that was all that showed on my cruise planner. I have reserved times. Does anyone know if the menus are the same for all dining venues?

With room service on a large ship, is the food hot when it arrives, for example scrambled eggs?

We are not on the ship for the food but I am interested in hearing views.

When we were on this ship the menu's were different for each restaurant.

I think they were asking about the MDR not specialty restaurants since they mentioned my time dining and all three decks have one menu.

American Icon is not a specialty restaurant. There is no MDR on the ship.

American Icon is not a specialty restaurant. There is no MDR on the ship.

That depends entirely on which ship. On Quantum class they have different menus, on Oasis class American Icon is merely one level of a traditional MDR. Given the OP mentioned having my time dining its reasonable to assume they're on Oasis class.

We're sailing on the LotS in October and I'm signed up for My Time Dining.

Yes but the OP is asking about American Icon - This is currently on Quantum and Anthem as a themed restaurant serving a specific set menu. On Allure it is one of 3 themed MDR with Silk and Grande being the other 2.

On Quantum and Anthem there is no single MDR and this is Dynamic Dining where you choose American Icon, Silk, The Grande or Chic as your complimentary restaurant for the evening. This replaces the single MDR concept on all other classes.

When Allure had changes the 3 storey MDR has been themed as 3 restaurants, however as Dynamic Dining has been suspended on Oasis class ships these 3 restaurants serve the same menu (as in the MDR) and you can choose standard traditional fixed dining or My Time Dining.

Therefore unless the OP is mixing up MTD with DD they must be on an Oasis class ship.

Edited by barneymag

There is no American Icon on your ship

American Icon is on deck 3 of Allure, it was changed during drydock, in preparation of DD, now this has been cancelled it is still called American Icon, but is just one level of the 3 level dining room

Quote:

Originally Posted by BekkaW View Post

American Icon is on deck 3 of Allure, it was changed during drydock, in preparation of DD, now this has been cancelled it is still called American Icon, but is just one level of the 3 level dining room

BekkaW was responding to the post from Tunkhannock about Liberty

Edited by barneymag

I thought that on Oasis and Allure that they had split the dining rooms into three (each given a name with one of them being 'American Icon')...each has a different feel/style. The idea was it was in preparation for Dynamic Dining; however, this got tossed out so all three dining rooms have the same menu (different menu each night) where you either select tradiaional (same time and table each night) or My Time (pre-book your time or just show up).

I thought that on Oasis and Allure that they had split the dining rooms into three (each given a name with one of them being 'American Icon')...each has a different feel/style. The idea was it was in preparation for Dynamic Dining; however, this got tossed out so all three dining rooms have the same menu (different menu each night) where you either select tradiaional (same time and table each night) or My Time (pre-book your time or just show up).

BeccaW was responding to the poster who was asking about "LOTS", and there is no American Icon on either Liberty or Legend.

BeccaW was responding to the poster who was asking about "LOTS", and there is no American Icon on either Liberty or Legend.

Yes that's right Bob (and Barneymag) I was responding to that poster.

UKsimonUSA and LuCruise, I had said earlier the 2 types of ship on which there is an AI and why I thought the OP was on Oasis class.

Edited by BekkaW