Has anyone had Vista inside cabin 8334?

cavcmy

I am booked in 8334 for the Vista Transatlantic in October. Because I have severe spinal arthritis and migraines, I must rest frequently and am concerned about noise. The PCC has "guaranteed" there is nothing above cabin 8334. If you have sailed in 8334, can you please let me know if it was quiet, noisy, etc. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Carley

I am booked in 8334 for the Vista Transatlantic in October. Because I have severe spinal arthritis and migraines, I must rest frequently and am concerned about noise. The PCC has "guaranteed" there is nothing above cabin 8334. If you have sailed in 8334, can you please let me know if it was quiet, noisy, etc. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Carley

It doesn't look like there is anything above it, but it does look like it is the lobby with the elevators :confused:

It doesn't look like there is anything above it, but it does look like it is the lobby with the elevators :confused:

Thanks for checking. I don't think the lobby/elevators will bother me; it's the possibility of a noisy mechanical room or cabin steward storage closet/gathering place right on top of me that worries me. Maybe I'm being too OCDish as usual......

THanks again,

Carley

Thanks for checking. I don't think the lobby/elevators will bother me; it's the possibility of a noisy mechanical room or cabin steward storage closet/gathering place right on top of me that worries me. Maybe I'm being too OCDish as usual......

THanks again,

Carley

I don't know if I would want that type of cabin. Your cabin door opens directly to the elevator bank. (people tend to be more loud coming and going off elevators.

We are booked in this room for the Nov 5th sailing. I liked the fact that it was kinda a room off by itself...the location next to the elevators was a concern at first but I just figured if we stay out late enough the noise wont be a problem :-)

• 1 month later...
Any reviews of this room?

Hi, Matymil -- Not a review but fyi -- even though deck plans/layout show nothing above 8334, another cruisecritic poster who was at the time on the Vista checked and said the vacant space/door above is labeled pool maintenance. Since I hate noise (or even the possibility of noise), I decided to change cabins.

Carley

Hi, Matymil -- Not a review but fyi -- even though deck plans/layout show nothing above 8334, another cruisecritic poster who was at the time on the Vista checked and said the vacant space/door above is labeled pool maintenance. Since I hate noise (or even the possibility of noise), I decided to change cabins.

Carley

Carley, I am glad you changed cabins. Even though I was never in that cabin, I passed by it many times on the Inaugural cruise. It was so close to the elevators that I am sure you would have heard all the dings of the elevators arriving. Always lots of people passing by

Carley

Thanks. I just called and they said that there isn't any kind of machinery above or below it. I think im gonna stick with it. If it was all that terrible im sure someone who already stayed in there would have chimed in or written a review by now. Thank you very much for the info

We were on the June 11 Vista leaving from Barcelona and we were in 8328, only a couple of rooms down from yours and don't remembered it being nosy at all. Unless of course I was totally tired from the shore excursions and passed out :), just kidding, it was quite.

We were on the June 11 Vista leaving from Barcelona and we were in 8328, only a couple of rooms down from yours and don't remembered it being nosy at all. Unless of course I was totally tired from the shore excursions and passed out :), just kidding, it was quite.

Thanks! Yeah I figured we will probably be so tried that the elevator noise wont even matter. I also usually will be sleeping pills as well because I work full-time overnight so adjusting to a normal sleep schedule can be hard.

• 3 weeks later...
We'll be just down the hall in 8348. We'll be quiet getting off the elevators. :D

your cabin is down the hall and away from the elevator. Cabin 8334 door opens to the elevator bank. walk out the door and there is the elevator.

there is nothing above or below the cabin so no noise issues with that area. just the elevator people. You should not even hear the dings.

this is not a hc room- i just checked to make sure. The cabin in this area on other ships is a hc room.

the room sits difference vs other cabins. when you go in the room the side of the bed is right there. the vanity is to your right as is the bathroom

your cabin is down the hall and away from the elevator. Cabin 8334 door opens to the elevator bank. walk out the door and there is the elevator.

there is nothing above or below the cabin so no noise issues with that area. just the elevator people. You should not even hear the dings.

this is not a hc room- i just checked to make sure. The cabin in this area on other ships is a hc room.

the room sits difference vs other cabins. when you go in the room the side of the bed is right there. the vanity is to your right as is the bathroom

This room sounds like a winner then. How do you know all about this room if you don't mind me asking?

This room sounds like a winner then. How do you know all about this room if you don't mind me asking?

I have been on many cruises. we take tours etc. Speak with the Hotel manager on every single cruise.

Class ships are the same no matter what ship in the same class (only the decor is different on the same class)

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to but in on this item but dose any body know if we have tea & coffee makers in balcony cabins if not haw do we get early drinks Thanks

no coffee maker or tea makers. You call room service (free except for a tip which is a buck or two depending on what you order.

When ordering tea and coffee-- make sure to order condiments too.

you get a pot and two cups so

do NOT order 4 cups of coffee as you will get 4 pots.

I also want to add- to take a insulated cup for tea/coffee from the buffet as those cups are very small cups.

Edited by serene56

• 1 year later...