All inclusive resort in Mazatlan?

MaiTaiMary

Our cruise will be stopping in Mazatlan. We've been there before and weren't really impressed. This time we will have our kids with us. Ages 7, 8, and 10. I think we might just like to spend some time at a resort.

Any suggestions? :)

Something with a swimmable beach and a nice pool would be ideal.

Thanks!

Our cruise will be stopping in Mazatlan. We've been there before and weren't really impressed. This time we will have our kids with us. Ages 7, 8, and 10. I think we might just like to spend some time at a resort.

Thanks!

You won't find any resorts at Stone Island, but the beach is very safe and the water is shallow for at least 100 yards. The restaurants and bars are mostly open with palm frond roofs and they sell cold beer at reasonable prices.

I don't know what resorts are on the mainland, but when you exit the terminal building, the Pulmonia drivers can take you to one. We went to Playa Mazatlan several years ago, and it was nice, but I like Stone Island better.

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

I use Trip Advisor to get local info when I travel.

Here is a thread from 2011 that has some hotel ideas for you:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150792-i257-k1658957-Hotel_Day_Pass-Mazatlan_Pacific_Coast.html#10107835

I suppose there are not lots of recent threads because cruise ships have only recently started going back to Mazatlan.

Thanks!

It's been several years, but we did a private tour with Mazatlan Frank back when he was in operation, and got a 4 hour tour (turned out to be private, just the two of us) and as an option he dropped us off at the Riu Emerald Bay, just north of Mazatlan for several hours before taking us back to the ship.

I want to say that it was about $30 per person additional for all-inclusive, but don't recall.

The resort was very nice, and we enjoyed it a lot.

I have pictures posted over in my PhotoBucket.

Pool was great and the drinks and food were good and freely available.

Our biggest problem was that it was really busy/full of locals, who kept stealing our beach towels off our loungers (3 towels) when we went into the pool. Towel guy replaced them, but it was a nuisance, and we could have been charged something like $50 when we lost one.

I don't see any such option on the new not-Mazatlan Frank tours website, but you should be able to get a taxi there if you're interested.

Hotel link, above, has contact information if you're interested in contacting them for current day pass rates.

gary

Our cruise will be stopping in Mazatlan... spend some time at a resort... Something with a swimmable beach and a nice pool would be ideal.

!!! WOW !!!

After all these years... and all the posts... no one mentions... the one... the Mazatlan supreme beach and pool resort for cruisers...

~`EL CID`~

??? HELLO ???

south_america.1171602840.el_cid_castilla_beach_hotel_resort_-_mazatlan.jpg

!!! WOW !!!

After all these years... and all the posts... no one mentions... the one... the Mazatlan supreme beach and pool resort for cruisers...

For El Cid, does one have to listen to a time share presentation?

If you guys had clicked on the link I posted from Trip Advisor you'd have seen both hotels mentioned there.

The hotel web sites do not mention a day rate but I suppose if you e-mail or call them they may have it available. They are really busy with snow birds from the USA and Canada who come to stay for a while longer than just one day like us from a ship.

I just spent some time reading about the excursions Carnival is offering now in Mazatlan. The El Cid hotel and an unnamed other resort 30min. from the dock, are offered in the excursion list. I have a feeling that the hotels have made deals with the cruise lines so that they won't sell day passes to cruise passengers if the cruise line offers an excursion there. I may be wrong but that is what I think is part of the deal with Carnival going back to Mazatlan. IF you find out differently post here to let folks know about it.

The El Cid welcomes Cruise Passengers with open arms. Walk right in. Pick any spot, at a pool, or on the beach. Enjoy!

If you want transportation, food and drink for free, stop in at the cruise terminal time share booth, negotiate as short a time share presentation as possible, and get it all for FREE

We suggest just dropping in, no wasted time and unpleasant anxiety in time share presentation hassles.

I just spent some time reading about the excursions Carnival is offering now in Mazatlan. The El Cid hotel and an unnamed other resort 30min. from the dock, are offered in the excursion list.

So how do we find out what the "unnamed resort" is? :confused: Do is it just a surprise until we get there! LOL

We actually have at timeshare at Las Flores. It has the best beach but no bar service on the beach. You can sit on the terrace overlooking the beach if you want food/drinks. They used to do day passes for the pools, etc. but not sure if that's still offered. When the ships stopped coming they had to shift their target audiences to nationals - especially when the Durango highway opened.

They're usually good for answering emails if you want to get info.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app