Excursion suggestions for July 9th Sailing Allure - Saint Maarteen

Looking over the excursions for Saint Maarteen and while there appears to be higher rated independent snarling trips, its unclear how timing, traveling to site, etc. Works. First time cruising so open to suggestions about doing it through RCL or third-party. Noticed some companies make guarantees regarding time. travel, etc. Also looking for a tour thats good with elementary aged children in terms of fun, snorkeling , etc. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Looking over the excursions for Saint Maarteen and while there appears to be higher rated independent snarling trips, its unclear how timing, traveling to site, etc. Works. First time cruising so open to suggestions about doing it through RCL or third-party. Noticed some companies make guarantees regarding time. travel, etc. Also looking for a tour thats good with elementary aged children in terms of fun, snorkeling , etc. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Excursions booked through the cruise line are guaranteed to get you back to the ship on time or the ship will wait for you to return. That can be very reassuring when traveling away from the ship in a foreign country..

We are on that same sailing. I have an 11-year old and a 15 year-old. We are doing the Amazing Race Excursion. The kids are very excited about it. Then figured we would hit a beach somewhere and swim when the race is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

An odd little thing highly recommended for your leftover post-excursion time is The Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit! It is highly rated on Trip Advisor - it was our favorite thing on our first visit to St Maarten! Kids (& adult Star Wars fans) will love seeing the original movie relics on display and Mr Nick Maley himself is very inspirational to young people!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you're comfortable going independent, check out Captain Bob of Soualiga Destinations on tripadvisor. We're doing that the same week from Oasis with other CC members from our roll call.

You should also check out the St Martin forum and/or your roll call for suggestions/opinions/reviews.

The reason I picked Captain Bob is that you only have a 15 minute leisurely walk to/from his dock. It convinced me to try an independent excursion for the first time.

After reading horror stories of traffic in Nassau I stayed with a RCL excursion. So I'm not all that comfortable with independent bookings.

Captain Bob entertained my what if scenarios. I even asked what if the Engine died he said the boat has two. But worst case he has multiple boats which could aid in getting everyone back.

My girls are 11 and 15 and I wanted maximum snorkel time. This excursion is like combining 3 RCL excursions in one.

We are on that same sailing. I have an 11-year old and a 15 year-old. We are doing the Amazing Race Excursion. The kids are very excited about it. Then figured we would hit a beach somewhere and swim when the race is over.

Great adventure.

When we did it last summer it was called "The Family Race"

Just some reminders, wear good running, walking shoes, I would not wear flip flops.

Pack light, maybe one person in your party carry back pack with suntan lotion/towels.

Carry bottle of water off ship and drink before you start race.

Challenges are physical, mental and hilarious........put on your best game face when they ask you to..points,points,points.

You will definitely have the opportunity to swim in the beautiful water, as one in your group will need to do a fun challenge, and when the race is over all can enjoy.

This excursion will take you to places you would never have seen ....the history the culture!!!!!!

So glad we did it.

Rest stops, clean bathroom, take $$ you will need to buy water at rest stop.

Enjoy, we did.

Safe travels

The reason I picked Captain Bob is that you only have a 15 minute leisurely walk to/from his dock. It convinced me to try an independent excursion for the first time.

After reading horror stories of traffic in Nassau I stayed with a RCL excursion. So I'm not all that comfortable with independent bookings.

Captain Bob entertained my what if scenarios. I even asked what if the Engine died he said the boat has two. But worst case he has multiple boats which could aid in getting everyone back.

My girls are 11 and 15 and I wanted maximum snorkel time. This excursion is like combining 3 RCL excursions in one.

Captain Bob is AWESOME. Just did his excursion in June. He runs a first class operation.

I have a full review in my trip report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Captain Bob is AWESOME. Just did his excursion in June. He runs a first class operation.

I have a full review in my trip report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree! He is amazing!!

I had rebooked with him for this upcoming Feb (I'm on the Disney Wonder), but cancelled when I changed to the Fantasy Western. I've since changed back to the Wonder and would love to see if there is still space with Captain Bob, but I feel weird contacting him and being like "Things changed again..." :( I'm going to miss that excursion.