Water Taxi

dam64

Which water taxi in Bonaire to the no name beach Klein Bonaire? I know one works with Princess and will not take you unless you book the excursion but is there another one if so please share the link and how much? Has anyone taken it lately?

A few years back aboard the RCL Legend of the Seas DW and I took the water taxi to Klein Island for some incredible snorkeling. We simply got off the ship, walked a few hundred yards to the right to the water taxi dock and took off with about 10 others. There were two young Dutchmen at the helm and on the way out they were dragging a hand line and caught a small tuna; they were excited and proclaimed it would be sushi for lunch!

When we were there (on the Princess excursion), there must have been about 4 different companies come and go! A yellow boat was common, the Princess junk boat (I don't recommend that because it can't come all the way to shore like all the others; you have to hop in a zodiac to reach the shore, and that wastes your precious beach time), our Princess boat, and some other independent one. The Princess excursion isn't expensive, includes 1 drink pp, and has personnel on shore with you in case of emergency. None of the other companies offered any of that.