Princess accessible cabin

zwolinski

Yes I have. Enough room for scooter. The door to the room and to the bathroom is wide enough to let the scooter/wheelchair to enter. The shower in the bathroom has a pull down seat and the shower head can be hand held or adjusted to the height you prefer. There are ample grab bars in the bathroom.

The beds could be a bit higher for my taste but I am quite tall and I think they may not be an issue for someone of average height. There is a ramp to the balcony but the balcony was rather small and not enough room to turn the scooter. However if you got one of the larger balcony cabins that probably wouldn't be an issue.

Sorry no pictures. Yes, to walk in shower, no tub. The room is very spacious. We had 4 adults. There was a wheelchair and large rollater for our bunch.

Edited by LesaL

• 4 weeks later...

We had a handicap accessible cabin on the Emerald Princess for the April TA. It was fantastic. We felt like we were in a mansion. It definetly had enough room for two wheelchairs. My husband rides a scooter and it was so easy to get around that room. There is a ramp to the balcony (which is so spacious) that allows the scooter or wheelchair to go out without any problem. We did have an issue with it for a couple of days, but as soon as I reported the issue to the steward, maintenance was there and had it fixed right away.

I have pictures of the mini suite at home on my computer. If you would like to see them, send me an email at kelizalde17 at gmail dot com.

Kari