Banks mansion

cherylakers

I haven't been to these yet, I am only collecting suggestions for Amsterdam restaurants we may try when we are there in July 2016:

Vermeer

Blauw aan de Wal

Toscanini

Bord'Eau

Luden

Pasta e Basta

Lucius

De Palmboom

Long Pura

Oesterbar

The problem with restaurant experiences and online reviews, is that owners and chefs come and go. I went to a highly recommended (and expensive) restaurant last month and it was dreadful.

I think that you just need to walk around and pick a busy one that offers an attractive menu - nearly all European restaurants display the menu and prices outside.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Banks Mansion at the beginning of September before our Celebrity Silhouette cruise. It's a very nice little hotel in a great location. When we checked in they sat down with us in the living room & went through everything with us. We talked tours, restaurants, you name it! There are plenty of good restaurants nearby. Send the front desk an email, they'll supply you with some recommendations.

For a special meal, we went to Restaurant De Kas. We actually ate in the kitchen! It's a cab ride away from the hotel, but for a once in a lifetime experience, it's worth it!

I actually worked there (ten years ago though).

There are heaps of great restaurants in walking distance. You are just one block from the Reguliersdwarsstraat and two from the Rembrandtplein with many interesting options for all palates and budgets (anything from MacDonalds to Michelin star)