Holiday Inn Express Condado

29dawgs

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! We came back a few days ago from our cruise. We stayed in this hotel 1 night (saturday may 2nd). The hotel is in a good location, on saturday night we took a little walk and find a lot of restaurants and bars. The beach is one block away.

The rooms are not very big, but they are very clean, the breakfast was really good and the internet worked well.

I recommend the hotel!

Thanks.

I stayed at La Concha last Halloween and could see the Holiday Inn from there. I was wondering what it might be like. The resort hotels in Condado are so expensive and if I just want a pre or post-cruise night and not all the resort amenities, I may try the HIE.

Depends on the price. I've gotten pretty good deals via Hotwire and Priceline for the resorts, but I don't care for the whole bidding process.

Thank you ColombianCruiserGirl for getting back to me about this. I am glad to here that you had a good stay there. Hope you had a wonderful cruise too.

IHG Rewards is running a deal on their credit card 70K bonus points if you spend 1K in the first 3 months. You can book this hotel for only 15K points per night. We may stay 2 nights using points and still have points left over.

We have stayed in San Juan many times, we have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and found it to be just fine. I remember instead of taking a $18 taxi one way to San Juan for sneakers that were forgotten we walked up the street and waited for the local bus, a whopping .75 cent fare to town, found Marshall's Dept store, bought sneakers for $29.95, and took the local bus back for .75, which was less than the cost of a taxi both ways, lol, and once you get off the bus in town there is a free trolley that will take you to about 18 different stops, you can get on and off at your leisure, for free. I know I gave you move information than you needed but I loved telling the story, lol~

Spoofa

Hi Spoofa1,

That is a great story. Thanks for the heads up regarding the bus. We knew about the trolley but didn't even think about taking the bus to town. I will make sure that we take our quarters:)

Turns out I have >40,000 points. I could use them all for one night or opt to use 20k + cash and stay two nights. Hmmm.

There are other threads on this board about the local bus. I'm pretty sure some have maps with the route. Or check Trip Advisor. I've found some good San Juan maps there.

Or just Google it and see what comes up. Haven't done it myself, but knew about the local bus. If I decide to stay in the Condado area next time, I may give it a try, especially if I stay two nights.

• 3 months later...

I just booked the Holiday Inn Express for November. I had a reservation

at The Hampton Inn Isle Verde but the HIE is over 40.00 less and they offer

a complimentary breakfast too!

And from reading about it, I think the HIE is closer to the beach as well.

I am happy I found this thread and even more pleased that I changed

my booking:)

Gotta love Cruise Critic!:)

Edited by Lois R