TP cabin 8066 aft, help please!!!!!

maryjoe

Can anybody tell me anything about cabin 8066 on the Tahitian Princess. Would this be a good choice selection, or should I stay away from the aft cabins. Also, any noise that we would hear inside, how's the scenery from the balcony, and would the balcony be the same size as any other, bigger or smaller.

MaryJoe - I can't tell you either from experience, but from the research that I did before booking, the aft cabins are a bonus for the reasons the above poster mentioned. We booked 7121 as there were a few posters who mentioned the noise of scraping chairs from deck 9 when you are on the balcony of aft deck 8. I don't think anyone said it was excessive, just noticeable. Are you able to get an aft on deck 7?

If you use the search tool and just enter 8066, you'll probably find some previous posts.

We loved our aft room on the TP - we opted for the OS and it was great. It was hard to see around the divider to check out the balcony beside us, but it looked to be a good side. My DH loves to watch ship wake, so he spent a lot of time just staring over the railing.

We also like watching the islands fade in the distance, not because we didn't have fun, but because we got to see them just a little longer than most people. Got some great shots from there, but do remember to remove the lens cap of your digital camera before getting caught up in the beauty - we left one just off shore in Bora Bora.

Don't remember much vibration and didn't get seasick as long as I took the medicine as prescribed. It was a great cabin and we will book it again on the next trip.

Hope this helps a little.

Charlie

Thank you all for your replies. Sounds like the aft cabins on deck 7 would be a better choice but the're all taken, we have 8066 booked with an upgrade if one would come available, instead of just booking a guarantee balcony. We thought this was a better way of booking, at least I know if there is no upgrades available, I know which cabin I will be in.

The aft cabins have more area covered, so more space to sit outside during the rain storms. We didn't realize how important that is, you can't stay dry on the side balconies during the afternoon rains.

PRINCESS, we sail in oct. When do you sail. 7116 is right below 8066. As I see it on the diagram, 7116 has a larger balcony than 8066. I have heard that they fit 2 chairs and 2 lounge chair aswell on 7116. But I haven't heard anything about fitting any lounge chairs on 8066. That would be nice.

PRINCESS, we sail in oct. When do you sail. 7116 is right below 8066. As I see it on the diagram, 7116 has a larger balcony than 8066. I have heard that they fit 2 chairs and 2 lounge chair aswell on 7116. But I haven't heard anything about fitting any lounge chairs on 8066. That would be nice.

We sail 7/9/07! I am sure you will LOVE your cabin...besides, there isn't any place better than being in Tahiti!:D

• 1 month later...

We have booked 7116 for the 5th June sailing, Tahiti to Honolulu. You mentioned that 2 lounge chairs will fit on the balcony. Are they already there when you embark or do you have to request them from your steward?

When we were last on the TP in 2004, we had a normal verandah cabin on deck 7 and I requested for one lounge to be brought to our cabin which was organized very quickly. I am just wondering if they are part of the furniture for the aft cabins.

Jennie

Aussie gal, I"m not sure if the lounge chairs are already there, but if there not, just ask your cabin steward for them.

for getting back to me. I will ask for them if they are not already there. We are so looking forward to having this larger balcony this time.

Jennie

Carolyn R, would you know if the balcony on 8066 is as big as the aft balcony on deck 7? I've heard so much on them from deck 7 and not much about the ones on deck 8.

I think by looking at a plan of the ship the aft balconies on decks 6 and 7 are about twice as big as the balconies on the aft deck 8 cabins. Hope that helps. We just wanted 2 aft balcony cabins together for a b2b and 8066 and 8069 were available the weeks we wanted to go so we won't have to switch cabins. The size of the balcony is not that big a deal to me. If it is to you I would say to book 7116 or 7171. I am afraid that deck 6 may have more vibration than 7 and 8.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ParrotTops, it's exactly the same thing princess told me when i booked, but reading in this forum, they tell us that the aft cabins on deck 7, the balcony can actually fit 2 lounge chairs, 2 chairs, and a small table. The aft cabins on deck 7 were not available, or i would have switched to them.

I'm handicapped, so I will be spending a little more time on the balcony, and having a lounge chair there would be great.

not sure on comparing sizes of the balconies, but from what I remember (and I guess this is wrong), all the balconies on deck 7 were the same size, and all the mini-suite balconies (deck 8) were about 1 1/2 size the standard balconies.

You won't have a lounge chair when you get there, but if you ask your steward, they'll get you one (we got one the first day).

As far as putting two lounge chairs goes, two would have fit comfortably on our balcony (8011).

Some pictures below in signature.

When we were on Deck 7 (2004) with a verandah cabin (not aft) I asked our steward when I boarded could we please have a lounge brought to the verandah.

The verandah was able to fit that and the small chair and table. It is not huge but will hold one lounge.

I am looking forward to having the larger aft verandah next year in 7116.

Jennie

• 1 year later...

we have been on several Princess ships and had aft balconies..all we have been on, Grand, Golden, Emerald, Sapphire, will hold two lounge chairs and two small chairs with a table..enjoy..also all have been completely covered overhead. On some the furniture was there, on some we had to ask..all were accomodating.

Can anybody tell me anything about cabin 8066 on the Tahitian Princess. Would this be a good choice selection, or should I stay away from the aft cabins. Also, any noise that we would hear inside, how's the scenery from the balcony, and would the balcony be the same size as any other, bigger or smaller.

We were on the Tahitian Princess at the end of April. We were in an owner's suite on deck 7. We originally were on deck 8 but we read on cc about the noise from deck 9 so we moved down.

I loved being on the aft. It was the first time for us and I'm sure we would do it again. The view is great, but I couldn't see over the railing when I was sitting down. The railings is solid, not see through plastic like the side balconies. We ate breakfast every morning on our balcony and had 2 dinners out there. It was wonderful. I didn't find it noisey at all. I felt very little motion (and I get sea sick). At night it was just a gentle rocking; it put me to sleep. You'll love it.

We have booked a minisuite for our November cruise on the TA.

Any chance that 2 lounges would fit on that size of balcony? We both like to read on the balcony, and lounges would be more comfortable.

flamomo,

We have had a mini suite on both the Pacific and Tahitian Princess and we have booked another for our Alaskan cruise at the beginning of September. If my memory serves me, I think we had two lounges on the T.P. last June when we did the Tahiti to Honolulu cruise.

I have even had one lounge and a chair on the normal verandah when we were in a deck 7 verandah cabin in 2004 on the T.P. and as the mini suite verandahs are one and a half times larger, then they should fit.

Jennie

• 1 month later...

We were in OS 8064 (next door) in January. You will love 8066. The aft of the ship is fantastic and watching the wake as the ship goes through shallow waters of different colors is spectacular. Hava a wionderful trip. :)

• 6 years later...