Weather (HUMIDITY)

cdnldy

We are looking at doing a cruise from San Francisco to the Polynesia's (sp) in April 2018. I am just wondering if someone has done a cruise there and can compare the humidity with the Caribbean. We just did a cruise through the Panama Canal and the humidity almost killed us (we were soaked after being in port for 10 - 15 minutes) So I wanted to know the comparison between the two places. I know about Hawaii so not concerned about that, more like Bora Bora, Tahiti, Samoa, etc. Thanks in advance and hope to hear from you soon.

has anyone ever used a luggage forwarding service i.e. Luggage Forward to send your luggage ahead to your destination or ship. With the extra charges and limitations on the airlines these days we are thinking of doing this as we are planning a longer cruise and it would be nice not to have to worry about it.

Edited by codeword69

I really hope the OP was asking about the humidex or heat index, and not just about humidity. Maybe I've just been unlucky, but I've never sailed on an ocean or sea and not been in a humid environment. If she's taking a trans Pacific cruise to Polynesia, she's crossing the Equator, so of course the Humidex will be high. There's not that much difference in their distances from the equator. (Caribbean islands vs French Polynesia).

has anyone ever used a luggage forwarding service i.e. Luggage Forward to send your luggage ahead to your destination or ship. With the extra charges and limitations on the airlines these days we are thinking of doing this as we are planning a longer cruise and it would be nice not to have to worry about it.

We just used Luggage Forward, door to door from our house near ONT to our DD's apt in Rome. Received in 36 hours, non expedited, $250.