Staying in Miami after or before the allure?

fernandodvs

Hi, we are going in the allure the 3rd of August but we don't know if we should book a week in Miami before the cruise or after the cruise. Some people have told me that after the cruise is better because you can rest.

What do you think?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always like to spend our time exploring the port city before the cruise. You are already there, with fun things to see and do in the port city, and the anticipation of your cruise (and a short taxi ride) coming up.

After the cruise, we usually fly home, and rest there in comfort.

We did spend a couple of days in Honolulu after a Transpacific. It was nice not to be in a rush.....except we napped all afternoon at the hotel, and then ventured out to find food that we actually had to pay for! Went to bed early. Score 0. First day off the ship was non-productive. We had a second full day that we enjoyed, and then the next morning we had the long plane flight back to CA....which was made even longer by a mechanical delay.

So in my opinion, the early rising and disembarkation from the ship are tiring...and we would rather just doze on the plane going home, knowing that we have had a lengthy and fun-filled vacation. :)

We always like to spend our time exploring the port city before the cruise. You are already there, with fun things to see and do in the port city, and the anticipation of your cruise (and a short taxi ride) coming up.

After the cruise, we usually fly home, and rest there in comfort.

We did spend a couple of days in Honolulu after a Transpacific. It was nice not to be in a rush.....except we napped all afternoon at the hotel, and then ventured out to find food that we actually had to pay for! Went to bed early. Score 0. First day off the ship was non-productive. We had a second full day that we enjoyed, and then the next morning we had the long plane flight back to CA....which was made even longer by a mechanical delay.

So in my opinion, the early rising and disembarkation from the ship are tiring...and we would rather just doze on the plane going home, knowing that we have had a lengthy and fun-filled vacation. :)

Thanks a lot for your answer! This is our first cruise as a family so I really want the kids to have a great experience so they want to come back again. I will book before the cruise to get them excited and explore MIA.

Next Cruise

Allure of the Seas , August 3rd 2014

Thanks a lot for your answer! This is our first cruise as a family so I really want the kids to have a great experience so they want to come back again. I will book before the cruise to get them excited and explore MIA.

Next Cruise

one thing kids love in Miami is Parrot Jungle.

I would spend a week after the cruise.

It is so nice not to have to rush home immediately after.

Where in Miami are you looking?

I would look on Key Biscayne. Very family friendly either the Ritz Carlton or the Silver Sands.

I like the Ritz in Lincoln Rd. I think I will book half and half. 2 days before the cruise and 4 days after the cruise.

--------------------------------------------------------

Next Cruise

---------------------------------------------------------

The other benefit of booking this before the cruise is that you do. It want to fly in the day of the cruise so if you stay after the cruise you would still want to stay. Encore the cruise.

There are lots of places to consider with a wide range of costs.

I would first research locations and hotels and then come back with questions. Be sure to also use trip advisor for reviews on hotels.

Keith