Why doesnt Carnival cruise to Bermuda more?

khrivnak

I would recommend the Celebrity Summit on the 8/30/15 sailing. It's Sunday-Sunday and you're off the next day for Labor Day. Insides are 749 + taxes, but OV are 899 and balconies are 1149. With either of the last 2 categories, you get the free included alcoholic drinks package which also includes espresso based coffee drinks, fresh squeezed juices and bottled water. It's the 1-2-3 Go Promotion.

Wow...what a great deal. Wish I could jump on it.

We went to Bermuda on the SUMMIT and absolutely LOVED this ship.

I would recommend the Celebrity Summit on the 8/30/15 sailing. It's Sunday-Sunday and you're off the next day for Labor Day. Insides are 749 + taxes, but OV are 899 and balconies are 1149. With either of the last 2 categories, you get the free included alcoholic drinks package which also includes espresso based coffee drinks, fresh squeezed juices and bottled water. It's the 1-2-3 Go Promotion.

WOW. How long does this promotion last?? I'd take that in a heartbeat!! Going to check that out now... but not sure everyone was ready to book yet.

I used to sail Celebrity to Bermuda back in the days of Zenith, where she could dock right in Hamilton at Front St and then go over to St Georges. In those days smaller ships (50,000 tons) were better! Also been there a couple of times on QE2 at Kings Wharf (tender in). Bermuda is a GREAT destination but I feel 7 day cruises are best.

WOW. How long does this promotion last?? I'd take that in a heartbeat!! Going to check that out now... but not sure everyone was ready to book yet.

i got this email this morning it includes pre paid tips for two and reg drink package for two. you have to book before 10/31/14 and cruise between may-august 2015.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/bermuda-all-in?allowMobile=y&ecid=em_20649864&rid=247056454&mes=Celebrity%20Bermuda%20All%20In%20plus%203rd%20and%204th%20Oct%202014%20EM&emsc=CPRUSHHCHILD0EM&empf=Y&emct=&lnkid=BERMUDAALLIN

Edited by splintz

We have been there:

April....freezing water...beautiful climate

May...very cold water.....beautiful climate

June....chilly water......warmer beautiful cllimate

Most people will argue that June water is ok....NO ONE on our cruise was in the water *maybe* just hit a bad, cold year.

September....AMAZING....bathwater....climate wonderful.

EVERY YEAR IS DIFFERENT

It depends on what you feel is cold water. I do not feel 64 F or 65 F water is cold. That is as cold as it ever gets. Any colder, there would be no coral. Coral dies out in sub 63 F - 64 F water. Thats why no coral up north. It is just a fact to pass along.

The promotion is good through 11/4. The rates I quoted you was from a large online agency. The Celebrity website rates are 1099 for OV and 1399 for balcony, so obviously the agency was better. Taxes are 225 extra, but it's always high taxes on sailings to Bermuda.

The 1-2-3 Go Promotion is fantastic. We used it last year on the Summit, earlier this year on the Silhouette and we'll use it again next year over thanksgiving for 10 days on the Equinox. Check out the many different threads about it over on the Celebrity boards. The 8/30 sailing is the last one to Bermuda for the 2015 season. After that they do a few sailings to Canada and then relocate to San Juan in late October for the winter.

i got this email this morning it includes pre paid tips for two and reg drink package for two. you have to book before 10/31/14 and cruise between may-august 2015.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/bermuda-all-in?allowMobile=y&ecid=em_20649864&rid=247056454&mes=Celebrity%20Bermuda%20All%20In%20plus%203rd%20and%204th%20Oct%202014%20EM&emsc=CPRUSHHCHILD0EM&empf=Y&emct=&lnkid=BERMUDAALLIN

If you read the fine print....it's good for the non discounted rates on their website. So, if you want an OV, it's 1099 + tax and a balcony is 1399+ tax. On line agencies that have group space are selling them for 899 and 1149. The 200.00 in savings for the OV and the 250.00 in savings for the balcony is worth more than the pre-paid tips that Celebrity is throwing in.

I just checked the website where I got the 899/1149 rates from and they are offering the free tips deal as well as an additional 75.00 in OBC. GREAT DEAL. Do a google search with the word vacations, it will help.

We used to sail at least once a year to Bermuda when we lived in Connecticut. Just moved to Florida and I see Carnival has an 8-day, out of Port Canaveral next October to Bermuda on the Sunshine. Rates don't look bad and I would love to go back for a Rum Swizzle or two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About Carnival

I just checked the cruise schedule posted on the port of Bermuda website, and it showed

4 Carnival Cruises scheduled for October.

Carnival Sunshine,Carnival Dream Carnival Splendor, Carnival Pride.

We usually go in Mid June out of Boston. Always enjoyable

• 2 months later...
I live in Bermuda and go swimming from the end of May through September.

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling that coming from New England, the water in Bermuda will be warmer than the ocean water at home in May. We will be in Bermuda May 10th through the 14th, so we will bring our suits and hope for good weather.

Lorie

• 1 month later...
Bermuda is a beautiful cruise destination. Because the country is located directly east of North Carolina their cruise season only lasts between early May and early October. The other factor regarding Bermuda is the fact that only two cruise ships can dock at the Royal Naval Dockyard at a time and the Government Of Bermuda has strict guidelines regarding the amount of cruise passengers who can visit at any given time. At one time years ago smaller cruise ships visited there at the Hamilton port which is located east of the Royal Naval Dockyard. That dock could only accommodate smaller cruise ships because larger ones couldn't navigate in the small channel that leads to the Hamilton pier. A sailboat excursion operator explained to me in August that the government realizes that they couldn't handle the crowds if more than two ships were visiting at the same time.

We will be cruising to Bermuda for the fifth time in May, it's hard not to fall in love with Bermuda! Our past 4 cruises were with NCL. Our cruise in May is with Holland America on the Veendam, docking on Front Street. Just an FYI, the older, smaller ships (700 or so feet or less) are still able to dock on Front Street in Hamilton. It seems smaller ships are being replaced by larger, more mega ships these days, so less and less are ships docking in Hamilton unfortunately. Having never travelled on the Veendam or with Holland America I can't vouch for the experience yet, it's a first for us and we are excited. But King's Wharf at the Royal Naval Dockyard is very nice as well. We plan on taking the ferry over to the Dockyard for one of our shore days because there is a lot to do there - glass blowing demonstrations, Maritime museum, and lots of shopping in several places. Be prepared to love Bermuda, we never thought we would return there year after year, but we pretty much do every year or every other year. It's just gorgeous when the weather is decent, which for us has been 99% of the time, we've been lucky. It is a wonderful destination, our favorite so far! :D

Lorie

Hi gang,

This appears to be an informed site so I have some question maybe you could help with. since my husband & I are both leaving our jobs sometime in May we are considering this cruise aboard the Summit leaving 5/3 our retirement cruise. It is our first w celebrity.

So looking for advice:

About the ship - how is the speciality dining? Any tips (i.e. On carnival if you book for first night at steakhouse you get a free bottle of wine). Has anyone done the anytime dining & if so is there anything I should know to make it workout well? Anything special about this ship which we should know about?

about Bermuda - what should we see/do that must not be missed? Is the bus the best way to get around? Any great places to eat/drink that anyone would recommend? Any coupons/deals out there?

I know lot of questions but any info you wish to share would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Deb (& Sal)

Deb.....congrats on your upcoming retirement cruise. With regards to the specialty restaurant choices on the Summit, there is Qsine and the Normandie. The Normandie is classic french, while Qsine is a whimsical journey that is better shared with 4 or more people because of the amount of food choices involved and you are able to sample more choices without wasting food if you have more people at your table involved in the feast. I would do a search on the Celebrity thread to get more details and reviews of each. When we were on the Summit back in October of 2013, we enjoyed Qsine as well as the Martini Bar. Also, the T-Pool is a must do. With regards to Bermuda, the Swizzle Inn is great. Rum Swizzles, two thumbs up.