Weight Limitations on Ziplines

igepal

Anyone know how closely the Ziplines facilities monitor your weight? I am close to the upper limit and, given the large variety of good food on the cruise ships and the islands, I'm nervous about being embarrassed by being refused when I get there. Do they weigh you and worry about a couple of pounds difference? No fat jokes please....

Yes it is monitored. This is the USA and they have OSHA and the state to be concerned with. The weight is with all your cloths and everything in your pockets and what ever else like a camera.

Remember the scale could be off plus or minus.

I email the company and ask for the measurement of the waist harness along with the weight requirement. My husband is usually ok with weight but sometimes the harness is 34" and sometimes even huge up to 40". We learned this the hard way when he couldn't do it one time. If in doubt don't sign up it will ruin your day. You won't have time to do something else and it's embarrassing for the person turned away.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Like others have said, most places are pretty strict (but confidential) about the weigh-ins. We were discretely weighed before both our Helicopter & zipline adventures in Hawaii - for us it was a great reward for the dieting we had done before the trip :D

• 2 months later...

Zipline weight limits are there for safety. I worked at a summer resort that had zip lines. We had a scale inside an office where people we suspected were either over the max OR under the minimum were weighed (one of the zips had self-brakes, and would only work with certain weights). If you were outside the needed limits, you were not allowed to participate.