Cabins 6000-6001, 7000-7001 Azamara Journey ?

oceandrive

I am looking to get some information and pictures about these cabins. They are facing the front of the ship. I don't know if it would be a good choice. Are the verandah really larger ? Are they too windy on days at sea ? Are they too low to really enjoy the view ? (I suspect you don't really see the water...). Is it very loud when they throw the anchor ? Decisions, decisions...

Please Help !

We have stayed in these suites before. Because of my bad legs, we have moved to the Owner's suites in the back of the ship (closer to the food).

1) The verandas are larger than the others-plenty of room for 2 lounge chairs).

2) The front of wall of the veranda blocks much of the wind, but I wouldn't stay there on cool or cold days.

3) You will not see the ocean from your lounge chair, but will see it in your cabin if standing.

4) You will hear the anchor drop, but it will be at a time when you should be getting up to enjoy the shore excursion.

Edited by Placerville

I am looking to get some information and pictures about these cabins. They are facing the front of the ship. I don't know if it would be a good choice. Are the verandah really larger ? Are they too windy on days at sea ? Are they too low to really enjoy the view ? (I suspect you don't really see the water...). Is it very loud when they throw the anchor ? Decisions, decisions...

Please Help !

Just be prepared for lots more motion than anywhere else on the ship. It can get pretty bad if not in calm seas.:(

The Pacific and Caribbean have been calm for us. Also, we didn't notice and real difference in cabin. The only minor complaint we had was when we were on the 6th floor (I think). In the afternoons the band for the show would practice and their bass would vibrate up through the floor.

I had always wanted to stay in one of these forward facing cabins (6000, 6001, 7000, 7001) and we were able to last year. We had 6001- a regular size balcony cabin on the Ocean Princess- the exact twin to the Journey and the Quest. I was wrong about wanting to stay here- and I readily admit my mistake.

The good- you get a wonderful view going forward. We saw whales and dolphins in the Mediterranean. And you have a great view of the crew dealing with all the lines, anchor, etc, at the bow- which is open with walkways.

The bad- even in great weather, you cannot leave your cabin door open. The wind makes it bang open and closed as it wants. We would try to block it open with the table, which worked for a short time, but then it would scoot around again. Also, the neighbors are right there. The divider comes down at an angle to the railing so there is absolutely no privacy if you are at the rail- or they are.

And the noise from the theater is very loud. Afternoons were ok since we were usually out or going out, but nights could be very loud. We would check for show times and come back to the cabin when it was over.

I had read negative reviews on these cabins, but I chose to ignore them. You may too, but think of this when you are fighting the wind.

Our next voyage on the Journey, we will be in a side-facing balcony cabin.

I had always wanted to stay in one of these forward facing cabins (6000, 6001, 7000, 7001) and we were able to last year. We had 6001- a regular size balcony cabin on the Ocean Princess- the exact twin to the Journey and the Quest. I was wrong about wanting to stay here- and I readily admit my mistake.

The good- you get a wonderful view going forward. We saw whales and dolphins in the Mediterranean. And you have a great view of the crew dealing with all the lines, anchor, etc, at the bow- which is open with walkways.

The bad- even in great weather, you cannot leave your cabin door open. The wind makes it bang open and closed as it wants. We would try to block it open with the table, which worked for a short time, but then it would scoot around again. Also, the neighbors are right there. The divider comes down at an angle to the railing so there is absolutely no privacy if you are at the rail- or they are.

And the noise from the theater is very loud. Afternoons were ok since we were usually out or going out, but nights could be very loud. We would check for show times and come back to the cabin when it was over.

I had read negative reviews on these cabins, but I chose to ignore them. You may too, but think of this when you are fighting the wind.

Our next voyage on the Journey, we will be in a side-facing balcony cabin.

All of the above, plus you are required to close the curtains anytime you have light on in the cabin after dark. This means that you can't casually walk out onto the veranda, leaving lights on for your cabin mate. I wouldn't book this cabin again.

• 4 years later...

We were allocated 6001, having booked a balcony guarantee. If you like the sun then its great as there is no roof to the balcony, but as others have pointed out no shelter from wind or rain. Providing you are standing on your balcony then the view is good as you get a different perspective from the front of the ship, but when sitting you can't see much. Yes the anchor does make a noise being lowered and raised and there is often a lot of vibration. There is also noise from the lounge below until about 11pm, as the cabin is situated right above the stage area. We were on a port intensive itinerary in the Med. so we didn't notice a great deal of movement but I certainly wouldn't want to spend long sea days in that cabin. My cruise was not ruined by having that cabin but I certainly wouldn't choose it. I don't consider it worthy of the term deluxe as there are no additional perks to a normal balcony and it certainly isn't worth the extra cost. Deck 7 may be better that deck 6.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We booked 6001 on Quest (same as Journey) location.

We did try to change locations once I realized the open bow contained the anchor lines and we were also right above the Cabaret. They wanted so much more money, it was not worth it.

We did experience vibration as we approached tender ports sometimes as early as 4 AM. Slow, slow lowering of the anchors. Once in full motion, the stateroom actually vibrated.

At 4 PM, practice for the evening events began so we were once again party to noise and vibration.

As others have posted, you only see your balcony looking out. You need to go out there to see forward.

Strange but despite all of these issues, we were on a two week sailing and were sorry to leave the ship.

I hope with the refurbishment, some of the issues are addressed.

Just off Journey in a mid ship veranda-wonderful!!!