Question for Bonnie: Evening Cuisine

cruiservirginia

Bonnie,

Prior to embarking I decide the venue in which we will dine each night so I can make dining reservations as soon as we embark. To assist in planning, it would be helpful to know in advance the ethnic cuisine that will be featured in Windows Cafe and Discoveries each evening. It would also be helpful to know the dates of the White Night and of the Aqualina menu change. (It changes mid-cruise on longer cruises.) Are you able to obtain this information or is there someone else I should contact?

Bonnie,

Prior to embarking I decide the venue in which we will dine each night so I can make dining reservations as soon as we embark. To assist in planning, it would be helpful to know in advance the ethnic cuisine that will be featured in Windows Cafe and Discoveries each evening. It would also be helpful to know the dates of the White Night and of the Aqualina menu change. (It changes mid-cruise on longer cruises.) Are you able to obtain this information or is there someone else I should contact?

Discoveries is easy- ask.. they know this is monday we are having this menu etc. anyone at the front desk knows when White Nights is - everyone does. look for a night you sail at 10 or close to it. it is white nights or the AZ evening. thhe new Aqualina menu took away soemthings i like. so what else is new.

We were on back to back cruises and the front desk told me they did not publish White Night until embarkation morning. The weather and needing to leave early to catch a tide, like on our last cruise, can change schedules made 2 to 3 years in advance.

On the other hand, when passengers pointed out that White Night was on the overnight in Rio, the captain stopped the ship in the Atlantic for a White Night with no breezes to safely cook steaks and lamb chops with charcoal on the outside deck. Azamara is big on listening to passengers.

The Discoveries menus can be viewed on the new interactive TV the day after the ship sails. Also, the Discovery menus are not done in numerical order so the first night might be menu #6 followed by menu #12.

While we haven't seen a buffet menu published ahead, I like surprises and often the menu relates to the location. Sometimes tomorrow's menu is announced after the show by the Cruise Director.

We book specialty restaurants the day we board based on the published schedule and our land discoveries plans and make changes if needed.

When we were booking our specialty dining on embarkation day, we were able to look at a list of days on the ship with ports of call/sea days listed as well as what events were going on and ethnic buffet for each night. This was presented to us, not given to us, when we made our decision on nights for dining.

Can you book reservations over the in room TV or do you have to stand in line somewhere?

We didn't check. I know that you can do Land Discoveries and transfers on the TV. We waited in line because we wanted all three chef's tables and didn't want to miss any by waiting. We were onboard at 11:30 and in line right away. We didn't get into our rooms until around 1:30 or 2:00.

A question to Bonnie. How can I find out about whether it is possible to organise a late departure via Departure Program from the ship after arrival into Southampton? I know that it is possible from certain ports and would like to organise some transfers in advance. Thanks for any help. Also would it not make sense to be able to book restaurants in advance via MyAzamara as is the case with other lines (via there own sites)? A queue on arrival day is a little undignified.