Stockholm Taxi Rip-offs

Hi folks, I found this very interesting article about the growing problem of Taxi rip-offs here in Stockholm ... buyer beware.

http://www.thelocal.se/16868/20090112/

And here is a good site I found that gives a general overview of taxi prices in Stockholm as well a a number of other cities.

http://www.taxiprices.com/europe/35-europe/65-taxi-fares-in-stockholm-sweden.html

Skål

Al

Really appreciate this info.

Do the taxis take credit cards? We're in Stockholm for 36 hours and would prefer not to change money if possible, but if we have to for cabs, we will.

The reputable cab companies take cards.

Al

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Al for bringing it up again!

I was looking for your thread this mornng when answering to another thread here. I wanted to post a link, but couldn't find it. This is certainly important information to anyone who will be taking a taxi in Stockholm.

• 4 weeks later...

We are staying the airport Hilton the night before our cruise. Should we get the hotel concierge to call a taxi for us or just walk over to the taxi stand at the airport? I assume the hotel will call an honest cab company?

Since there are 2 of us I think it will be cheaper to take a cab rather than the Princess transfer,plus we can arrive at the pier earlier to hopefully get onboard in time for the MDR lunch. Amy suggestions on a different way?

Archived