Bringing bottles of wine onboard

Maryfrantx

The far better place for your research would be the portion of Cruise Critic devoted to Oceania, located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

If you look down the FAQ section, here:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/

of the Oceania website, it says 3 bottles per stateroom.

we are cruising on the Oceania Regatta to Alaska in July. Does anyone know if it's permissible to bring a couple bottles of wine with us?

We usually bring six bottles with us (purchased in the embarkation port - e.g., Total Wine in Miami's South Beach). If the stores we research don't have handled cardboard carry boxes, we'll pack a collapsed one in our luggage and discard it before returning home (we've got plenty of them from our winery clubs).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oceania's policy on their website does not state that your can bring as many bottles of wine (or other liquor) onboard as you wish but, as posted above, it is no problem. However, any alcohol that you bring onboard must be consumed in your stateroom or balcony (which is why we purchase the alcohol package).

We drink Mimosas on the balcony. From the water package, we take an empty Evian bottle and fill it with OJ at the buffet and put it in the room fridge. Our champagne that we brought on goes perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oceania's policy on their website does not state that your can bring as many bottles of wine (or other liquor) onboard as you wish but, as posted above, it is no problem. However, any alcohol that you bring onboard must be consumed in your stateroom or balcony (which is why we purchase the alcohol package).

You can take it to dinner and pay the $25 corkage. Just don't waste that fee on cheap "rot gut."

For example: Even if O had a great "deep end" Anderson Valley Pinot Noir, it would cost at least three to four times what you paid for it. In that case, the $25 corkage is easy to swallow (though, of course, not as easy to swallow as the wine itself).

We drink Mimosas on the balcony. From the water package, we take an empty Evian bottle and fill it with OJ at the buffet and put it in the room fridge. Our champagne that we brought on goes perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oceania has no "water package." All non-alcoholic beverages are included in the basic cabin price. At your request, your cabin fridge can be stocked with Pellegrino or a variety of other waters. Likewise, just get your OJ from room service. You really can't compare Royal Caribbean to Oceania (which is the line being discussed in this thread).