QM2 spa appointments

RemPuck

We are doing the westbound TA on 15 December. Are pre-booked spa appointments for massage recommended/required or can we wait until we are on board? I know it's always a tradeoff to have an appointment booked only to find out that there's something else we really want to do at that time against risking getting a treatment when schedule holes appear.

On a related note, do the behind the scenes tours take place on a consistent day of a TA or is it variable? What about the mixology class?

Thanks to everyone for your help as we get close to our long-planned trip.

RemPuck

Advance appoints can be made directly with Canyon Ranch at Sea: Queen Mary 2-SpaClub. If memory serves the window for pre-booking is 30-7 days before sailing.

The behind the scenes tour tends to take place a day or two before arrival. It's always later due to the behind the scenes vetting for one's physical ability.

As a Friend of Bill I've not participated in mixology class or wine tastings.

I had no trouble at all booking a massage on a recent QM2 transatlantic. The daily program often has specials for particular spa services, so it might be worth waiting until you are on board. I didn't book one of the specials, but just a "tension zone" massage, which was great. I believe I did it on the next to the last day, and there were plenty of openings then and not many customers in the spa. It was virtually a walk-in--when I checked on available massage openings, there was one in 15 minutes, so I took it. (This was my first ever massage, by the way, and I'm now hooked.)

Thanks all. Sounds like we may be best getting at least one treatment booked in advance and then watching for specials if we feel like splurging on an end-of-voyage encore massage.

Any comments regarding the mixology classes? Early/middle/end of voyage?

Hi old fool -

Do you know if booking on embarkation day for the first sea day gets the discounted rates? I'd actually like a massage on that day to help really get into relax mode.

Thanks for your help.

RemPuck

Hi old fool -

Do you know if booking on embarkation day for the first sea day gets the discounted rates? I'd actually like a massage on that day to help really get into relax mode.

Thanks for your help.

RemPuck

There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to when promotions will be offered for some services. I think it's driven by the bookings - for example one might see a massage promotion but only good for certain time slots.

If you want a massage on embarkation day I recommend that you book in advance. You'll then be able to time this around the muster drill. The spa is usually open up to 8PM with the last appointments scheduled so that whatever treatment is finished by then.

• 1 month later...
A given one is offered once in a trip. The scotch tasting one is pretty good. It's hard to imagine the vodka tasting would be as interesting or informative.

We did the martini class and it was fun. Some rather silly drinks but interesting. The Appletini tasted like a green apple jolly rancher candy. We did get samples of them all and a recipe sheet to take away.

The book signing in the library with the Commodore was right before so we got in line for that early and than ran to the Commodore's Club and managed to get 2 seats together. It was a very full class!