Parking NOLA

poohbear

We are sailing on the Dream in June and will be driving to NOLA, how much is it to park at the port or do we need to park somewhere else for the week? We have only sailed out of FL. so this is new. We are planning on spending at least 1 day in NOLA pre-cruise.

In the past we have left our car at a hotel while on the cruise (many years ago) and we have parked at the cruise terminal. In 11 days I am parking at the terminal. It is a little more costly, but the ease of getting inot the car after the trip is the big selling pint for me.

Later. J

In the past we have left our car at a hotel while on the cruise (many years ago) and we have parked at the NO cruise terminal. In 11 days I am parking at the terminal. It is a little more costly, but the ease of getting into the car after the trip is the big selling point for me.

Later. J

When we sailed on the Elation last February, we used http://www.machupicchutours.com for parking. The driver (owner?) Angel was fantastic!

We arrived in New Orleans early since I'm a 2 hour drive away. When I arrived at the garage, I called Angel. He let me inside and had me leave my car so he could park it for me. I told him we were early and wanted to take a cab to the downtown area. He offered to take us for a lesser price than a cab, drop us off, hold our bags at his place, and when we were ready (we walked to the port after breakfast and some sightseeing), he would drive our bags to us at the port. He even drove us to by the port on the way to downtown to show us where he would meet us. It worked out flawlessly. When we arrived back in New Orleans, we simply called him and he came to pick us up and bring us to our car.

Super nice man, runs a very honest business (we trusted a complete stranger with our luggage!!), and will use them every time we sail out of New Orleans!! Prices were cheaper than port parking too. I told Angel that we were so impressed by him and his business that we would recommend them to everyone we could.

Have a great time! We sail in April on the Magic...getting close now!!

• 1 month later...
When we sailed on the Elation last February, we used http://www.machupicchutours.com for parking. The driver (owner?) Angel was fantastic!

We arrived in New Orleans early since I'm a 2 hour drive away. When I arrived at the garage, I called Angel. He let me inside and had me leave my car so he could park it for me. I told him we were early and wanted to take a cab to the downtown area. He offered to take us for a lesser price than a cab, drop us off, hold our bags at his place, and when we were ready (we walked to the port after breakfast and some sightseeing), he would drive our bags to us at the port. He even drove us to by the port on the way to downtown to show us where he would meet us. It worked out flawlessly. When we arrived back in New Orleans, we simply called him and he came to pick us up and bring us to our car.

Super nice man, runs a very honest business (we trusted a complete stranger with our luggage!!), and will use them every time we sail out of New Orleans!! Prices were cheaper than port parking too. I told Angel that we were so impressed by him and his business that we would recommend them to everyone we could.

I also highly recommend machupicchutours. Have used them over 7 times and like the fact that he is easy to find, close to the Walmart for any last minutes items, sheltered and secured. Angel, the owner, is the best and very friendly and nice to talk to. We are using them for our April cruise so enjoy seeing Angel again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the excellent reference. I'll have to consider using MachuPicchu for our cruise next February.

I always park at Fulton. It's $9/day rooftop or $10/day covered. After fees and taxes it came to $12/day covered. That's if you book online. I think if you just drive up and pay the day of your cruise they charge $14/day. They have a free shuttle. They'll drop you and your bags right by your porter. They always have a shuttle there after the cruise. I've never had to wait.

https://www.neworleansparking.com/

I second Fulton garage parking. Just on the other side of the Convention Center from the terminal. Rooftop parking for our February 7 night Dream cruise was $67.72 (reserved online). The trip to the terminal took longer than usual this time, since there were streets blocked off for Mardi Gras parades. Have never had a problem otherwise...

I used Fulton Street Garage when we cruised on the Elation. I felt it was a fair deal. I dropped the rest of my party at the port and walked back, it was a little bit of a hike, as you have to walk around the convention center, but they do have a shuttle.