LIVE REVIEW - OASIS TRANSATLANTIC with Pictures

Kcjarvis

Great review, thanks! Oasis has been our fav ship, we are on in December 14 and 15. I was glad to see Cats as the Hairspray presentation last year was 'high school' show quality, we walked out. Hopefully we will be able to see Cats, we are booked on the only night offered, 1st cruise night.

We were b-t-b in Europe on Indy, early summer, and had similar 'who's on first' experience with RCL staff, cards not working, going from one 'desk' to another to try and resovle how to re-board us.

Running out of wine, last year they told me they ran out of Cabernet, really? Again, someone who was too lazy to 'ask' and poor management.

We've never stayed in a suite, maybe someday, if so, the Crown Loft looks like the one I would choose.

I

Concierge – Rami & Israel were great. Rami has a great personality and is the perfect complement to Israel.

Suite attendant – Rohan and Asst Lionel were outstanding. They were friendly, efficient and always called us by name.

I have to admit that Oasis is my least favorite ship of the four RCI ships we've sailed (Freedom, Navigator, Liberty, and Oasis). Too crowded (how do you add that many passengers but not more elevators?) and the food service seemed subpar (how do you add that many passengers and still close part of the Windjammer at lunch?).

That being said, when we were in Oasis CLS 1748 in August with Rohan and Lionel as the attendants, we loved our cabin enough that we booked again for next March.

And props to Rohan for telling us back in August about the new suites lounge and restaurant, and about the closing of the concierge lounge. It turns out they were right after all!

I have to admit that Oasis is my least favorite ship of the four RCI ships we've sailed (Freedom, Navigator, Liberty, and Oasis). Too crowded (how do you add that many passengers but not more elevators?) and the food service seemed subpar (how do you add that many passengers and still close part of the Windjammer at lunch?).

That being said, when we were in Oasis CLS 1748 in August with Rohan and Lionel as the attendants, we loved our cabin enough that we booked again for next March.

And props to Rohan for telling us back in August about the new suites lounge and restaurant, and about the closing of the concierge lounge. It turns out they were right after all!

:confused:

I thought the concierge lounge was back in operation now

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

...>>>SNIP<<<...

Oasis class has 24 elevators (4 x 6), far more then Freedom and Navigator classes. They have 14 each (2x3 and 2 x 4)

Edited by The Big Booper

Agree! They are some of the nicest folks we have ever had the pleasure of meeting while cruising! Hope to sail with them again!!! (Wish we had been on this one!)

Thank you so much, can't wait to sail with you guys again also.

15622631486_c6f2f327c8_z.jpg

The show was amazing!!!!! Very well done.

Second time on Oasis, and second time we were canceled due to weather. I have yet to see that show since it was rescheduled at a time that I had other plans. Must mean I need to book another Oasis cruise!!

It is definitely back in operation with concierge Rami at the deck 11 desk. It was closed only for the crossing.

We were on both Oasis TAs and it would have been a nice thing if they had opened the CL for us!!!!:rolleyes: With limited seating on that TA they would have won some points.

They open it the day passengers are all lined up in the promenade for hours to disembark.:(

We were on both Oasis TAs and it would have been a nice thing if they had opened the CL for us!!!!:rolleyes: With limited seating on that TA they would have won some points.

They open it the day passengers are all lined up in the promenade for hours to disembark.:(

I was told it was closed because the galley's hot well was too small to support the number of D+ on board and they were installing new kitchen equipment for wonderland.

I was told it was closed because the galley's hot well was too small to support the number of D+ on board and they were installing new kitchen equipment for wonderland.

We had Chops for AM and Lunch menu foods both TA.

Perhaps they were working in there? We sort of understood it was used for storage but who knows.

Quantum is getting a 25% reduction on future cruise and OBC due to their hiccups....:confused: :rolleyes:

just posted on the Quantum thread.

Did anyone on our TA get a call from any upper management as all we saw were the first rung people being hung out as sacrificial lambs? Even a note saying sorry we are still working on stuff early on the cruise would have helped.

From their thread..... does this sound like our Meet and Mingle? Or as my wife called it Meet the Italian second in line Cruise Director and Raffle by Invitational at the worst location so people can not even talk to each other event.

"

I am currently sitting at Michael's Genuine after a FABULOUS meet and mingle (more on that below) and getting ready to add more photos to the Shutterfly site.

We had a HUGE meet and mingle with much of the senior staff and RCCL executives in attendance. They were passing out champagne and mimosas and had an impressive spread of sweet and savory "nibblies" for us. They were very gracious in acknowledging the "hiccups" and have offered everyone 25% of the price we paid for this cruise off a future cruise and a certain amount of onboard credit (based on cabin type) to spend on this cruise. Once again, Royal goes above and beyond.

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app"

Edited by tanzer22pilot

Quantum is getting a 25% reduction on future cruise and OBC due to their hiccups....:confused: :rolleyes:

just posted on the Quantum thread.

It sounded like the OA problems were far worse than the QN problems.

Not only are the QN cruisers getting 25% off a future cruise but they get current cruise OBC that's refundable and free drinks all day yesterday. WOW! OBC is dependent upon category in which they are currently booked.