LIVE REVIEW - OASIS TRANSATLANTIC with Pictures

Kcjarvis

Did anyone on our TA get a call from any upper management as all we saw were the first rung people being hung out as sacrificial lambs? Even a note saying sorry we are still working on stuff early on the cruise would have helped.

From their thread..... does this sound like our Meet and Mingle? Or as my wife called it Meet the Italian second in line Cruise Director and Raffle by Invitational at the worst location so people can not even talk to each other event.

No note, no letter.......so far.

Hoping when the Quantum glow is over we will hear something?:rolleyes:

Did anyone on our TA get a call from any upper management as all we saw were the first rung people being hung out as sacrificial lambs? Even a note saying sorry we are still working on stuff early on the cruise would have helped.

From their thread..... does this sound like our Meet and Mingle? Or as my wife called it Meet the Italian second in line Cruise Director and Raffle by Invitational at the worst location so people can not even talk to each other event.

"

I am currently sitting at Michael's Genuine after a FABULOUS meet and mingle (more on that below) and getting ready to add more photos to the Shutterfly site.

We had a HUGE meet and mingle with much of the senior staff and RCCL executives in attendance. They were passing out champagne and mimosas and had an impressive spread of sweet and savory "nibblies" for us. They were very gracious in acknowledging the "hiccups" and have offered everyone 25% of the price we paid for this cruise off a future cruise and a certain amount of onboard credit (based on cabin type) to spend on this cruise. Once again, Royal goes above and beyond.

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app"

I think a big part of the problem is that the Oasis went into dry dock followed by the TA while everyone's attention was focused on Quantum. The scope of the work on the Oasis never should have been attempted in such a short time frame, but RCI saw $$$ and went ahead. The passengers are inconvenienced and disappointed because they didn't get what they paid for or had a right to expect, but nobody can deal with the problem because the only thing they're worried about right now is Quantum.

I've been really excited for my first Oasis cruise, but I'm also getting increasingly worried about the overall experience.

"

I am currently sitting at Michael's Genuine after a FABULOUS meet and mingle (more on that below) and getting ready to add more photos to the Shutterfly site.

We had a HUGE meet and mingle with much of the senior staff and RCCL executives in attendance. They were passing out champagne and mimosas and had an impressive spread of sweet and savory "nibblies" for us. They were very gracious in acknowledging the "hiccups" and have offered everyone 25% of the price we paid for this cruise off a future cruise and a certain amount of onboard credit (based on cabin type) to spend on this cruise. Once again, Royal goes above and beyond.

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app"

Haven't heard from anyone yet, except an acknowledgement of my email by someone in A Goldstein's office. She stated she would be speaking with me "in the next few days." We'll see. I wrote a rather long email - didn't even mention the rather poor M&M!

Hmmmmm..is there someone we know in this picture?

HAHAHA That's us

Yep!

Thanks again for this GREAT review! I am using a lot of your pictures in my review of the Oasis Revitalization. :cool:

Hope I get to cruise with you all soon! We are scheduled for the 11/14th Naming Cruise for Ms. Q. Are you all coming out to see her at any point?

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Yep!

Thanks again for this GREAT review! I am using a lot of your pictures in my review of the Oasis Revitalization. :cool:

Hope I get to cruise with you all soon! We are scheduled for the 11/14th Naming Cruise for Ms. Q. Are you all coming out to see her at any point?

My pleasure - We are on the 11/21 2 day sampler. Wish we were on the 11/14.

No note, no letter.......so far.

Hoping when the Quantum glow is over we will hear something?:rolleyes:

I keep reading and reading that Quantum thread looking for reported hiccups. All I have seen is someone that had a 45 minute wait to board and there are no kids menus. What am I missing? I think I might just have to send an email to Mr. Goldstein's office. If that deserves a 25% credit, we should all get full refunds:D!

I keep reading and reading that Quantum thread looking for reported hiccups. All I have seen is someone that had a 45 minute wait to board and there are no kids menus. What am I missing? I think I might just have to send an email to Mr. Goldstein's office. If that deserves a 25% credit, we should all get full refunds:D!

I think they are giving Free drinks as their billing system isn't working and wifi isn't working well? I do like their billing problem hiccup. :D

Other than the kid's menu- which now is back and the boarding, I don't know what else?

The more write Adam, the more they realize we had more hiccups.

I haven't heard anything either. Everyone does need to write.

Agoldstein@rccl.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really puzzling...the executive office is usually pretty quick to respond.:confused: Maybe they're just so wrapped up in Quantum they forgot they still need to tend to the rest of the fleet.

I do sometimes scratch my head at RCI's unequal treatment of seemingly similar situations. The other one that stands out was when the Navigator had the delayed fog/oil spill cruise, at the same time the Adventure was stuck in San Juan with mechanical problems. Both ended up sailing a shortened itinerary, but the Navigator passengers were compensated much better than the Adventure passengers. I would have thought the compensation would at least be equal, if not better on the Adventure because that wasn't a problem out of their control.

My pleasure - We are on the 11/21 2 day sampler. Wish we were on the 11/14.

Awwww I do too!!! But have fun and look out for my Live review starting in a week.

Hopefully they will do some TA tours before she moves to China. If I come up for one I will let you all know.

ok, thanks. We called RC and they say no ( but they are saying no on BOTH ships) so I guess they are wrong!

Do you have any idea if they can begin another lounge chair into the quite if you have 3 people in there?

Finally, how was your balcony? were any of the other loft suite balconies bigger than yours on the side facing the ocean?

ok, thanks. We called RC and they say no ( but they are saying no on BOTH ships) so I guess they are wrong!

Do you have any idea if they can begin another lounge chair into the quite if you have 3 people in there?

Finally, how was your balcony? were any of the other loft suite balconies bigger than yours on the side facing the ocean?

If your stateroom attendant can't, I'm sure the concierge can assist. CL balconies are all about the same size.

From the Quantum TA page:

Captain was at our M&M along with Lisa the EVP of Operations, Nick Weir the VP of Entertainment, and executives for food & bev and hotel management. And the beleaguered IT team was also there. I know lots of people are complaining about the technology not working, but as someone who works in IT, these folks have my complete empathy and I just want to give them a hug when I see them. They sure look like they could use it. I have no doubt they are working their behinds off to get all of this fixed.

Think anyone from the IT department would have had the courage to attend?

Did the Captain at any time meet with any of the Pinnacle, Diamond plus, or Diamonds and say anything to the effect of, "sorry, we are working on things"?

Edited by tanzer22pilot

From the Quantum TA page:

Captain was at our M&M along with Lisa the EVP of Operations, Nick Weir the VP of Entertainment, and executives for food & bev and hotel management. And the beleaguered IT team was also there. I know lots of people are complaining about the technology not working, but as someone who works in IT, these folks have my complete empathy and I just want to give them a hug when I see them. They sure look like they could use it. I have no doubt they are working their behinds off to get all of this fixed.

Think anyone from the IT department would have had the courage to attend?

Did the Captain at any time meet with any of the Pinnacle, Diamond plus, or Diamonds and say anything to the effect of, "sorry, we are working on things"?

IT gets blamed for a lot of problems in this forum, but I suspect they are often not the cause.

At most business the IT people put the systems are in place, but the they are not the content or data providers. When the other RC employees make mistakes or don't do their job, IT seems to get the blame and has to clean up the mess, that often isn't IT fault.

My guess IT is the least of the problems at RC, the non -IT employees are likely responsible for many of the problems this forum labels as IT problems.

Hello

for everyone's info. here is a reply to an e mail I sent RCCL on 31st October.

"Dear Valued Guest:

We understand how much our guests look forward to and invest in their vacation. I am so sorry there was some disappointed on your Oasis of the Seas cruise and we hope to regain your trust.

We never want our guests to go through any kind of difficulties during their time with us and we recognize how frustrating it must have been for you to encounter delays due to the additional mandatory customs inspections. We are sorry our efforts fell short and would like to apologize for the disappointment with the service provided.

Additionally, as part of our commitment to provide our guests with the best vacation facilities, we added several improvements to the Oasis of the Seas during her refurbishment. However, with so many changes being completed in a short span of time, there were unforeseen complications that arose. We apologize for any inconvenience these enhancements may have caused you.

To thank you for your understanding, we would like to provide you with a special discount for use on a future Royal Caribbean International sailing. The discount value will be 20% of the cruise fare paid for this sailing. You should receive your certificate in approximately 6 weeks. Please be guided by the offer instructions on the certificate when finalizing plans for your next cruise vacation.

Again, thank you for choosing to sail with Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Sincerely,

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

Executive Vice President, Operations, Royal Caribbean International "

Less than Quantum and no OBC, I am a UK customer, will be interested in any offers to guests from other areas of the world.

Regards

Martyn