Please tell me all about Carnival's Behind the Scene tour!

tassycatt

Im thinking about doing this in a month with my daughter. Where do we sign up? I know the price was $95, is it still? Do you think its worth it? How long does it last? I heard we get some goodies too....do you know what they are?

Thanks in advance!

Here's a link to my review from Conquest in 2010: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1151709&highlight=conquest&page=3. For us, it was well worth the price - but we're ship geeks;). As for goodies, we received backpacks with "Behind the Fun" caps and wristbands, carved soaps, and a plate of chocolate-covered strawberries delivered to our cabin during the tour. It is a lengthy tour - ours went from 8:45 t0 12:30 on the last sea day. You can register at the shore excursions desk when you board.

Im thinking about doing this in a month with my daughter. Where do we sign up? I know the price was $95, is it still? Do you think its worth it? How long does it last? I heard we get some goodies too....do you know what they are?

Thanks in advance!

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/BehindTheFunTour.htm

Carnival’s “BEHIND THE FUN” Tour

Unique Insight into the Line’s Shipboard Operations

We took this tour on the Glory in 2010. What a great time ... very informative! Lots of walking, climbing stairs .. non stop for four hours or so. Be prepared to ask a lot of questions!

The best part? The view from the Bridge... amazing!

Well worth the $95. And as mentioned, we did receive a lot of goodies... strawberries in our cabin with several photos of the group and an individual shot with the captain on the bridge!

Catrin

thanks, reading your review now. It says minimum age is 13, Im wondering if they are strict on this policy. It will be my daughter and I and she is 12. Now she isnt your average 12, she is 5'9" (almost) and can easily pass for 15 or 16. (Heaven help me!!) Do you think if she is standing with me when we register they will say anything?

Just her and I are travelling alone this time and I know her dad would never be interested in doing this with me. :(

The Behind the Fun tour was AWESOME!!!! I have to agree with what was said previously, the bridge was my favorite part. I could have spent the rest of the cruise there.

Here are a couple pics they gave us. DW and I had our pic taken with the captain too. It was well worth the $95.00 for the experience.

Chef Trevor and the chef that does all the carving was in the group photo with us.

img-111218212237-0001.jpg

img-111218212143-0001.jpg

img-111218212213-0001.jpg

I did this tour on Princess and paid $150 for it. I thought it was worth it for that price so for $95 on Canival I would definitetly do it. We did get nicer goodies then carnival gives though so that's probably why it was more expensive. It was really interesting and I learned so much about the ship. My favorite places on Princess was the Laundry room, and the bridge.

Here's a link to my review from Conquest in 2010: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1151709&highlight=conquest&page=3. For us, it was well worth the price - but we're ship geeks;). As for goodies, we received backpacks with "Behind the Fun" caps and wristbands, carved soaps, and a plate of chocolate-covered strawberries delivered to our cabin during the tour. It is a lengthy tour - ours went from 8:45 t0 12:30 on the last sea day. You can register at the shore excursions desk when you board.

We got the same stuff.. Enjoyed every minute of the tour.. We did the tour on the Miracle earlier this month.. Sign up for it as soon as you can as there a just a couple of tours the last sea day.. Enjoy!! Lynne

I did it on the Spirit and it really was great. Just don't ask the Captain why there is aluminum foil on his steering wheel. There was, and I did. He couldn't believe it so took me over to the wheel. All gone. And looked at me sternly as ask- WAS there foil on this wheel. Uh........yes sir. There was. At which point he turned to his crew and said- WHY was there foil on my wheel.

Turns out they had brand new carpeting and there was a lot of static electricity so this was to keep the electronics from shorting out. The crew came forth and fessed up right away. But the captain was NOT happy. And later on I heard about it from one of the singers whose boyfriend worked on the bridge. I gather the Captain was not in the least bit happy.

My understanding is that it's less expensive on the smaller ships, such as the Triumph. Besides the lower cost, what are the other differences between the tour of the smaller & larger ships? Thank you!

I did mine on Ecstasy. $55. I don't know how much more could be shown on a larger ship. We saw kitchen, recycling,laundry, folding, food storage, stage,bridge. Did not get individual pics with the captain (who needs it) but had a group one, strawberries, hat, lanyard.