Bringing water/pop on the ship

sammerz

The lines' soft drink packages, just like their liquor, are major revenue sources which enable them to keep the fares as low as they do. I prefer it this way - like everything else in life you make your decisions: I don't eat out during the year as much as I'd like, or drive as sporty a car as I'd like - but that's how I can afford a balcony cabin on a cruise ship once or twice a year (and, yes, I think twice about the small expenses such as soft drinks - as well as the occasional frou-frou thing with a paper parasol).

You do not say which cruise line so we cannot give you a definitive answer. But since DW loves to have her Diet Coke, we always take multiple 2 liter bottles onto our cruise ships (and we have cruised on 12 lines and more then 65 different ships) and have never had any problems. In fact, we often will resupply at intervening ports (we take longer crusies) and have never been questioned or hassled by any cruise line. RCI has implemented some policies that might cause problems...but we have avoided that line for the past 3 years and never had an issue prior to that period.

Hank

Archived