hook bracelet?

mafig

Sonya is indeed the originator, but the main store is in Christenstad (sp).

They had a tent set up along the waterfront in Fredricksted when I was there last year, and is where I got mine. I love it, wear it all the time got the silver with the gold wire trim. Check out their web site - Google hook bracelet St Croix.

I saw a lady later on the ship who got a smaller one elsewhere in town, so if you can't find Sonya's, maybe another jewellery store. Town is not that big..

Thanks for the link Musigal..I would not have remembered without digging up the receipt.

Not cheap, but certainly worth every penny. I got a big one, as I have big hands, and delicate bracelets get banged around too much on me..

Note to Mafig - if you find the Sonya people, they will not discount - this is a business, not a flea market booth, so don't haggle.

Kind of like Apple - it is what it is. You are, after all, back in the USA :-)

Thanks for the link Musigal..I would not have remembered without digging up the receipt.

Not cheap, but certainly worth every penny. I got a big one, as I have big hands, and delicate bracelets get banged around too much on me..

Note to Mafig - if you find the Sonya people, they will not discount - this is a business, not a flea market booth, so don't haggle.

Thanks about the haggling. I was going to ask here first. (Although maybe I'd get a discount if dh and I both bought one?).:o

Long time St. Croix visitor here and will just confirm that the "official' hook bracelet comes from Sonya's on Company Street in C'sted. Be sure to have them explain the right way to wear it (hook facing out or in depending on your relationship status). Mine cost around $80.

Sonya's may run a little more than some of the other vendors but they're absolutely worth it. Sonya originated the STX hook bracelet in the '60's - she is gone now but her daughter runs the operation.

Your cost will vary a LOT depending on size - I have a men's 8mm, silver with gold wire trim and I paid $200 for it a year ago. A slim lady's bracelet will run much, much less. As you will note on the web site there are designs other than the traditional hook if you are so inclined, including a surf-wave design and an Anole (a small, friendly gecko-like critter that you will see pretty much everywhere on the island; the bracelet is much prettier than the description would suggest).

Sonya's will also give you a lifetime price guarantee: If you ever return to the island and decide you'd like to upgrade, they will give you full purchase credit toward your new bracelet. Just save your receipt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just an FYI. I purchased two bracelets, paid cash and received a discount. Pays to ask. Lots of places in the USA discount also.:D;)

Edited by mafig

Just an FYI. I purchased two bracelets, paid cash and received a discount. Pays to ask. Lots of places in the USA discount also.:D;)

Good for you..maybe I was not insistent enough.

I'll be there again in a few weeks, am getting one for my sister.

I'll try again.

Did you find the Sonya tent, or did you get it elsewhere?