Question about unlimited sodas

Synderela

Very frustrated that both people in a room have to buy the soda package. I do not drink tea and think I need the soda package. My mother is the other passenger in the room and would be happy without it. We are both adults. So my question is - exactly how much is an individual soda? Maybe I would break even by paying for individual sodas than paying for 2 unlimited sodas. Thanks! First time cruiser! Can't wait!

You can buy individual soda in the teens arcade room out of vending machine its a little cheaper than at the bar and you also don't get hit with the auto gratuity. It's also brand name soda not that fountain crap that's used for the soda pkg most of the time.

You use your room key to purchase and it's charged to your OB acct.

Edited by Ilovesailing

You can buy individual soda in the teens arcade room out of vending machine its a little cheaper than at the bar and you also don't get hit with the auto gratuity. It's also brand name soda not that fountain crap that's used for the soda pkg most of the time.

This is good to know. I sort-of remember seeing a soda machine on the Spirit many years ago, but didn't pay attention on other cruises. Do you know if the machine is outside the arcade on all ships?

Very frustrated that both people in a room have to buy the soda package. I do not drink tea and think I need the soda package. My mother is the other passenger in the room and would be happy without it. We are both adults. So my question is - exactly how much is an individual soda? Maybe I would break even by paying for individual sodas than paying for 2 unlimited sodas. Thanks! First time cruiser! Can't wait!

We have sailed several times with the soda package for just one of us. Another option is to bring your own soda on board. A few months ago a single soda from the bar was about $2.25. Lots of people stop at a store on the way to the pier and pick up sodas and bottled water. You can ask your room steward to empty the minifridge for you. Have fun!

I can vouch for the fact that the soda package can be purchased individually. We always buy one for myself onboard as my DW drinks milk at breakfast and water most of the rest of the time and it would be a waste for her. I drink diet coke (Pepsi) all the time and he'll occasionally have a sip of mine, but that's all.

But no problem buying it individually.

Hi, Ilovesailing, thanks for sharing this info. Do you know the price for the vending machine soda?

I can also vouch for being allowed to buy it for one. I purchased it for one of my children and not the other (in the same cabin).

Same here. I called my PCC, explained the situation and made these arrangements. Soda for one, none for the other for our March 2015 cruise.

I just picked up a 6 pack at each port and put in the fridge. I brought them to breakfast, lunch and dinner and the waiters didnt seem to mind and offered me glasses of ice. We didnt find the soda machine until the last day. It seemed easier to bringn it than have to wait for it all the time.

We have taken a 12 pack of soda adn water, put a luggage tag on it, and just had it in the room. We have also just bought the soda package for one person.

Personally, I like taking the soda since I am a Coke/Dr Peper person and I don't really care for the Pepsi products.