Steakhouse Question

rlkubi

We have never been to the Steakhouse because we like the MDR food. We have some OBC and are thinking about going on the Splendor. I do not like steak (I know - it's strange). What else would be a good choice and would it be worth it for me?

Thanks!

The lobster is amazing! Much better quality than what is served in the MDR on elegant nights.

Completely agree! I am getting the lobster at the Steakhouse next month! I liked my steak last time when I had the surf and turf but what I wanted to go back for was more lobster! I also really recommend the lobster bisque... :o

All of the food in the steakhouse is good. As most in our party has steak, a few had the sea bass and lamb chops which were equally as good. You get a choice of an appetizer, entree with sides and dessert. The chef also sends out an "complimentary" appetizer. Try the chocolate sampler dessert!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the Chilean Sea Bass last time.

It was delicious!

I had the sea bass on the Pride two weeks ago. I did not love it - it was okay for me but next time I'm going to try the lobster........I wish I liked steak!!! My husband said the filet was delish!!!:)

With regards as to what you're allowed to order.....I have gotten an Amuse Bouche, which is the 1 or 2 bite sampler from the chef to start things off. I then had an appetizer, a soup, a salad, an entree with 2 side dishes and then dessert. The jumbo shrimp cocktail and the crab cake are very good. If you want something light, I would go with the Beef Carpaccio. Your soup choice is either French Onion or Lobster Bisque.

I personally think the dessert course is the one area that needs major improvement. I think that the Bitter n Blanc or the Grand Marnier Souffle from the MDR are much better options.

I believe that your choice has already been made up for you since the porterhouse is no longer available.

Ribeye it is then. The Cheesecake for dessert last time had to be the biggest piece I have ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ribeye it is then. The Cheesecake for dessert last time had to be the biggest piece I have ever had.
You can also have them package it to go and then you can enjoy it later in your cabin as well as the next day if you don't finish it. If you have all 5 courses as well as 2 sides, then I think you'll enjoy it more after your stomach has a chance to settle.

You can also have them package it to go and then you can enjoy it later in your cabin as well as the next day if you don't finish it. If you have all 5 courses as well as 2 sides, then I think you'll enjoy it more after your stomach has a chance to settle.

Absolutely agree! Take the cheesecake with you and enjoy it later. This is what we did on our last cruise. And BTW, the crab cake was some of the best I had ever had. Completely different than what we had in the MDR...