San Juan hotel ???

lbtnewcruiser

Still searching for one night pre-cruise. Looking in 150.00 range, would like to be close to CVS, Walgreens, walk to restaurants, clean room and reasonable taxi fare from airport and reasonable fare to Pan American Pier. Suggestions please. Usually stay at Marriotts in the states.

Still searching for one night pre-cruise. Looking in 150.00 range, would like to be close to CVS, Walgreens, walk to restaurants, clean room and reasonable taxi fare from airport and reasonable fare to Pan American Pier. Suggestions please. Usually stay at Marriotts in the states.

I just booked the Sheraton Old San Juan directly on their website..using my AAA discount it was $143 pre tax....I think it's a great location...even with a taxi ride to the Pan American pier..after all it's San Juan and hotel prices can get expensive....but feeling good with this rate.

I just booked the Sheraton Old San Juan directly on their website..using my AAA discount it was $143 pre tax....I think it's a great location...even with a taxi ride to the Pan American pier..after all it's San Juan and hotel prices can get expensive....but feeling good with this rate.

I just priced Sheraton OSJ with both AAA and AARP discounts, the total for one night without breakfast comes to 199.00 I have a total price of 169.00 at Marriott Courtyard Miramar so I'm thinking the 30.00 we save would cover breakfast although I am wondering if there are any disadvantages to my theory ?

I just priced Sheraton OSJ with both AAA and AARP discounts, the total for one night without breakfast comes to 199.00 I have a total price of 169.00 at Marriott Courtyard Miramar so I'm thinking the 30.00 we save would cover breakfast although I am wondering if there are any disadvantages to my theory ?

I booked a special that may have ended December 31st (and why I finally booked it then)...Not concerned about (or would I book it with breakfast) since we love going to Cafe Mallorca which is a short walk from the Sheraton OSJ. My total for two nights (thursday & friday) in May is $398.33 no deposit and no cancellation fee.

I booked a special that may have ended December 31st (and why I finally booked it then)...Not concerned about (or would I book it with breakfast) since we love going to Cafe Mallorca which is a short walk from the Sheraton OSJ. My total for two nights (thursday & friday) in May is $398.33 no deposit and no cancellation fee.

ok I guess I missed the special, do you know anything about Marriott Courtyard Miramar ?

ok I guess I missed the special, do you know anything about Marriott Courtyard Miramar ?

So sorry I don't...but Tripadvisor reviews look good.

This will be our first time to stay in OSJ precruise...We have day ported there many times and cruised out of there but flew in morning of cruise.

So sorry I don't...but Tripadvisor reviews look good.

This will be our first time to stay in OSJ precruise...We have day ported there many times and cruised out of there but flew in morning of cruise.

Thanks very much, I did read the TA reviews as well, but once I read them for Best Western, Hampton Inn, Hyatt House, Embassy Suites and Marriott Isle Verda (mostly all same $ range) it all blended together lol We have only been to San Juan as a port stop, this is the first time we are leaving from there. We arrive on a Friday afternoon and leave the following day. We have done the forts, and a tour of Old San Juan together but my husband has never been to the rainforest and Laquillo beach (which I have) so I was originally thinking that for a side trip however our flight gets in too late so now I'm thinking maybe Bioluminescent Bay. The other part of me thinks maybe just a nice authentic dinner in Old San Juan and relax. There is no activity on my roll call so again I thank you for your advice and info !

• 3 weeks later...

May be too late - but I just checked Marriott Stellaris tonight, and the price dropped almost $100 from when I checked about six months ago. I booked Caribe Hilton, but when I saw the new lower price for an ocean front room with a balcony at Stellaris tonight, I switched. Just don't forget that in San Juan, you pay that 18% resort fee at almost all hotels.

May be too late - but I just checked Marriott Stellaris tonight, and the price dropped almost $100 from when I checked about six months ago. I booked Caribe Hilton, but when I saw the new lower price for an ocean front room with a balcony at Stellaris tonight, I switched. Just don't forget that in San Juan, you pay that 18% resort fee at almost all hotels.

Thanks, just saw your post and rechecked, the lowest rate I can find for Stellaris is 186 plus fees etc. but at Miramar the rate is 139 plus. Still torn between these 2 and Isle Verde Marriott at 165 plus. I'm wanting to go with Miramar for the price point but also want access to restaurants CVS etc. and not familiar with any of the areas

If you wish the feel of the heart of OSJ, with a great roof terrace for day/evening use, near CVS and good restaurants, then consider Casa Blanca.

If you wish the feel of the heart of OSJ, with a great roof terrace for day/evening use, near CVS and good restaurants, then consider Casa Blanca.

Thanks, I just checked it out and it looks lovely however there appears to be a 2 night minimum and our airfare is already booked and we are staying only 1 night

Thanks, I just checked it out and it looks lovely however there appears to be a 2 night minimum and our airfare is already booked and we are staying only 1 night

Have you looked at Cervantes, it is just down the road from CB and closer to CVS and restaurants?

Have you looked at Cervantes, it is just down the road from CB and closer to CVS and restaurants?

Thank you, just checked it on Tripadvisor and see mixed reviews but Courtyard Miramar has mixed reviews also. I went to Cervantes site for a quote but needed to fill out a request and they replied they will contact me. I'll see what happens when I hear back from them

Have you checked Hotwire or Priceline? I was able to snag a Hotwire Hot Deal for $114/night and when it was revealed it was the Caribe Hilton which looks to be a pretty good rate for that hotel and star level.

Edited by curlygirl18
typo

• 2 weeks later...

What date are you looking for??? Prices fluctuate quite a bit based on dates, and minimum stay requirements.

Thank you all, I have researched all your great suggestions and will hopefully narrow it down. We are travelling in July so I want to settle it up shortly. As for now I have my original booking at the Marriott Courtyard Miramar. We get in one day before our ship departs from the Pan American Pier. At first I was gung ho to sight see in San Juan but think we'll just relax, shop for supplies ie wine, sunscreen and water, go have a local meal and a good mojito