When Have Online Restaurant Reservations Opened for You?

We sail on Serenade of the Seas two weeks from tomorrow. I have been trying to book the specialties for over six weeks now without success. I have now given up and will book right after we board.

Edited by tip

An earlier post in this thread may have the answer:

It may be that the prime times were booked by higher level loyalty guests before you ever got the chance. Unless you are a high level loyalty status person. Then I have no explanation.

Thanks, I missed that post. This will only be our second cruise on Royal, so we are just now gold status, so I guess that explains it.

Am wondering in anyone sailing on Serenade has been able to pre-book specialty dining recently?

Seems to ba a pattern developing here!

As far as loyalty levels taking all of the prime spots, we are now platinum, but have never experienced difficulty getting reservations when we were gold. We may have needed to be a bit flexible, but always pre-booked.

Edited by sippican

Am wondering in anyone sailing on Serenade has been able to pre-book specialty dining recently?

Seems to ba a pattern developing here!

As far as loyalty levels taking all of the prime spots, we are now platinum, but have never experienced difficulty getting reservations when we were gold. We may have needed to be a bit flexible, but always pre-booked.

Hi, nope, keep trying everyday but so far not able to book any dining....

I have called twice, first time was told 90 days, then 75. I was also informed that they roll out according to Loyalty Status level.

Following two phone call and an e-mail (some time ago), I tried another e-mail to customer service.

The reply basically says the "norm" is 90 days (posts here certainly don't support that), but they've been experiencing technical issures with dining reservations. I was encouraged to call the planning department for more information. I will do so within the next couple of days (although I don't expect to accomplish anything.)

Yesterday I posted an inquiry regarding the inconsistency of Specialty Dining reservations on RC's Facebook page. I received a prompt reply and magically my Serenade reservations opened today. :D

Edited by sippican

Yesterday I posted an inquiry regarding the inconsistency of Specialty Dining reservations on RC's Facebook page. I received a prompt reply and magically my Serenade reservations opened today. :D

Hmmm...interesting. It took you putting them "on blast" on Facebook to get them to move on the reservations?!? Wow, congrats! ;)

We sail on Serenade of the Seas two weeks from tomorrow. I have been trying to book the specialties for over six weeks now without success. I have now given up and will book right after we board.

The dining for that cruise is open. I booked our MTD reservations on Friday evening.

:confused: Didn't work for me. I posted on there last week inquiring about why we couldn't book at 30 odd days out?? I've been checking every day and still nothing. The funny thing is that they've got the cut-off date posted .... "until 29 Apr 2015 11:59 PM EST. If you are within the cut-off time, you will need to make your reservations onboard."

Talk about putting the cart before the horse.. lol :rolleyes: