Parasailing Half Moon Cay?

POA1

I'm asking this question on behalf of my 77 year old father in law. (Who is clearly braver than both his daughter and son in law. ;)) When my DFIL was last at Half Moon Cay in 2013, they offered parasailing. We don't remember seeing it in the spring of 2014, but we weren't really looking for it, either.

It's not on the website under excursions, but I was wondering if it's something that's only offered once you get to the island. Does anyone know? Thanks!

I did the HMC parasailing a couple of years and enjoyed it so much that I wanted to do it again on my January cruise but it is not listed on the online excursions. The parasailing was very well organized and safe. I was always too afraid to try it on any of the islands. I wonder why it is no longer being offered.

Maybe it is an insurance issue.
There are LOTS of "hazardous" excursions offered elsewhere. Doesn't everyone have to sign a waiver to participate in them? My guess would be that it just wasn't profitable enough.

If I remember correctly, there was a fatality on a para-sailing excursion a few years ago. Not sure if it was actually a 'ship' excursion, but I think after that some of the para-sailing excursions were dropped.

I don't know about parasailing, but do know that if you want to scuba you have to fill out a medical questionnaire. My DH insisted he was going to scuba and I didn't argue with him about it knowing he would never pass the health test. He's in good health now but he didn't qualify to scuba- previous stomach surgery and a heart attack knocked him out of scuba immediately. HAL was very serious about it and there was no argument allowed.

I don't know about parasailing, but do know that if you want to scuba you have to fill out a medical questionnaire. My DH insisted he was going to scuba and I didn't argue with him about it knowing he would never pass the health test. He's in good health now but he didn't qualify to scuba- previous stomach surgery and a heart attack knocked him out of scuba immediately. HAL was very serious about it and there was no argument allowed.

That might be why it's not pre-sold on the website - assuming that they still offer it. I guess we'll know soon enough.