Select Bev. Pkg - Beer & Wine- your thoughts!

cruiztime

We are looking at the Select Beverage Package - Beer & Wine - let me know your experience please. Are there glasses of wine available within the package restrictions? Some bar menus I have seen do not seem to have glasses of red wine within the price restriction of $8.00. I don't want to get to a bar, MDR, etc. and not have anything on the menu that falls within the pricing.

• 1 month later...

I have purchased the select package for our upcoming cruise.

Will be VERY disappointed if there are no good reds.

The main bar lists have a limited choice of wine of $8 or less.

The main wine lists seem to have a bit more choice:

Mer Soleil, Santa lucia Highlands, California Chardonnay $7

Petaluma Winery, Adelaide Hills, Australia Chardonnay $8

Chateau Ste. Mishelle, Columbia Valley, Washington Riesling $8

La terre, California, Chardonnay $7

Beringer,California White Zinfandel $8

La terre, California Cabernet Sauvignon $8

Caliterra, Rapel, Chile Merlot $8

Cline, California Zinfandel $8

http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-wine-package-policy-list-prices/

We did take the Select Package on the Allure. There are "house Reds" available at all bars which far into the under $8.00 category. They are not listed on the Menu.The Pinot Grigio on the menu was ok. The beer selection was great. Also available was Mike's Hard Lemonade (although sometimes out of stock at a particular bar) Smirnoff Ice and Strongbow cider.

We enjoyed the simplicity of the package, although we probably broke even. It was nice to get a drink while waiting for shows to start and we loved the Rising Tides Bar.

Just keep on the lookout for lipstick on the wine glasses and if you a not adding an additional tip, be sue to indicate on the receipt you must sign.

We had a great trip on our "test" RCCL cruise.

We did take the Select Package on the Allure. There are "house Reds" available at all bars which far into the under $8.00 category. They are not listed on the Menu.The Pinot Grigio on the menu was ok. The beer selection was great. Also available was Mike's Hard Lemonade (although sometimes out of stock at a particular bar) Smirnoff Ice and Strongbow cider.
Had the select package on the Allure a couple of weeks ago. Loved it. There were only a few wines at the $8 price point but When I bought a glass that was a little more expensive I got the $8 off the price.

Do you know if Guinness was served in the package?

According to the flyers I have seen, Guinness, Murphy's, Boddingtons and Fosters are specifically excluded, but someone on another drinks thread said they got Guinness without any additional charges although I don't know what ship that was.

So you get slips to sign...

On Indy this past May, those on the drinks packages did not get slips. I guess each ship is different.

Edited by icsys

• 8 months later...

Thank you for the list. Are these widely available around the ship, at the shows and the specialty restaurants? Is there a champagne or sparkling wine available within the $8 limit? And if you have a general idea of beer prices (& Smirnoff Ice) would you mind sharing that as well.

I have purchased the select package for our upcoming cruise.

Will be VERY disappointed if there are no good reds.

The main bar lists have a limited choice of wine of $8 or less.

The main wine lists seem to have a bit more choice:

Mer Soleil, Santa lucia Highlands, California Chardonnay $7

Petaluma Winery, Adelaide Hills, Australia Chardonnay $8

Chateau Ste. Mishelle, Columbia Valley, Washington Riesling $8

La terre, California, Chardonnay $7

Beringer,California White Zinfandel $8

La terre, California Cabernet Sauvignon $8

Caliterra, Rapel, Chile Merlot $8

Cline, California Zinfandel $8

http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-wine-package-policy-list-prices/

Is this current? So, if you buy the select your wine is limit to $8 per glass, whereas with the premium it's $14?

The Select limit for wine is $8 and the Premium limit is $12. These limits are before tips are added.

Some cruises out of Europe and Australia have beverages priced with tips already included, and you might see different package limits to account for the tips being included.

The Select limit for wine is $8 and the Premium limit is $12. These limits are before tips are added.

Some cruises out of Europe and Australia have beverages priced with tips already included, and you might see different package limits to account for the tips being included.

Thanks! Do you know where I can get a current wine list?

• 3 weeks later...
When it says non-alcoholic cocktails what does that mean? I know that includes soda what else? Frozen non-alcoholic drinks?

It means any cocktail (including frozen) without the alcohol.