Info need to cancel

camper49

It looks like we may have to cancel our January 28th cruise😞. We have insurance...including pre existing. DH seems to be having a really bad flare up of polymyaliga..meds are not working. For anyone who has had to cancel...what do I need to get for info...before I call insurances? We r in Florida at this time ...have been in contact with our dr in Maine.

It looks like we may have to cancel our January 28th cruise😞. We have insurance...including pre existing. DH seems to be having a really bad flare up of polymyaliga..meds are not working. For anyone who has had to cancel...what do I need to get for info...before I call insurances? We r in Florida at this time ...have been in contact with our dr in Maine.

I would call insurance first. They have the answers to all of your questions as well as how/where to obtain the necessary forms.

Also, if you are on Carnival, did you book Early Saver? There are details to know if you did.

Where did you get the insurance?

Cruise line? Broker? Direct from insurer?

Check with them, yes, as Thinfool already mentioned.

IF you are cancelling for a medical reason (and not a "Cancel For Any Reason"), which is what it seems, then you WILL need a letter from the doctor that your husband is unable to travel.

Chances are, they'll also require the physician to complete a form about what the medical situation is.

If you've got the waiver of the pre-existing condition exclusion, that will probably lessen the amount of medical history needed (or eliminate it entirely). That will probably make to process easier and faster.

You'll also need to "cancel" with the cruise line and/or airline/hotel ASAP once it is determined that you can't go.

That's in case there was some partial penalty instead of full penalty. The insurer won't want to pay "more" because someone delayed dealing with the cancellations once it became necessary.

We used Travel Insured, and have had a few claims, so we are familiar with their process and their forms. I'd guess that other insurers would need similar information.

NOTE: IF you husband needs to be SEEN by a physician, not just "discussed by phone", make SURE you do that right away.

That was required for our claims, unless there was some reason it wasn't possible.

Good luck, and good thing you got insurance with that waiver, given the medical situation.

Hope your husband does well.

Where did you get the insurance?

Cruise line? Broker? Direct from insurer?

Check with them, yes, as Thinfool already mentioned.

IF you are cancelling for a medical reason (and not a "Cancel For Any Reason"), which is what it seems, then you WILL need a letter from the doctor that your husband is unable to travel.

Chances are, they'll also require the physician to complete a form about what the medical situation is.

If you've got the waiver of the pre-existing condition exclusion, that will probably lessen the amount of medical history needed (or eliminate it entirely). That will probably make to process easier and faster.

You'll also need to "cancel" with the cruise line and/or airline/hotel ASAP once it is determined that you can't go.

That's in case there was some partial penalty instead of full penalty. The insurer won't want to pay "more" because someone delayed dealing with the cancellations once it became necessary.

We used Travel Insured, and have had a few claims, so we are familiar with their process and their forms. I'd guess that other insurers would need similar information.

NOTE: IF you husband needs to be SEEN by a physician, not just "discussed by phone", make SURE you do that right away.

That was required for our claims, unless there was some reason it wasn't possible.

Good luck, and good thing you got insurance with that waiver, given the medical situation.

Hope your husband does well.

Thank you...he seems better today....hopefully he will "work out" of this attack.i am a "what if" kind of person...worry too much.

By all means, call the insurance company. We always used AIG. Last August my traveling partner became very very ill from the effects of agent orange. We cancelled a planned September 2016 cruise and needed a medical form filled out by his physician in addition to a letter from the cruise company showing that they were refunded nothing, as well as proof of deposit payment and final payment. Full refund was received 5 weeks later. We also had a cruise planned for the first week of January 2017 but he passed away the week before Christmas 2016. Letter explaining the terrible loss and death certificate was submitted January 3, 2017 and notified that full refund will be received first week of February.