QE2 2006 World Cruise Charity Video

berry22192

Awesome! Wasn't that Thomas Quinones coming out from behind the rack of costumes? ;)

I hope something just as silly is in store for my upcoming world cruise, too!

The video actually conveys the warmth, comaraderie and sense of family among the crew that I have always felt on QE2. Too bad the video didn't end with a blast of her great whistle!

This Has Made Me Laugh So Much.so Many Faces To Recognise.wait Untill I See John Hanvey(chief Engineer)next Week.always Thought He Was A Good Mover!!i Agree,this Shows Just How Special The Qe2 Really Is.

5 More Sleeps To Go,

Hope To See Some Of You Around The Ship.

Kathie:)

Awesome! Wasn't that Thomas Quinones coming out from behind the rack of costumes? ;)

I hope something just as silly is in store for my upcoming world cruise, too!

The video actually conveys the warmth, comaraderie and sense of family among the crew that I have always felt on QE2. Too bad the video didn't end with a blast of her great whistle!

Well, we can fix that. Did you scroll down on the "related" tab to "Queen Mary 2 Leaves Brooklyn?" It's only 47 seconds, but it is the QM2, blasting her horn three times as she departs. Perhaps you could join the two!

If I were to go on the QE2 I would want to have a clean copy of the chartiy video to study before I met all of these marvelous people!

I could not read the "credits" at the end. I wonder if the crew does some sort of charity video (or other activity) at the end of every world cruise? Someone do ask, please!

Karie,

who needs to get on the QE2 aAND to do searches on YouTube for more stuff like this!

I wonder if the crew does some sort of charity video (or other activity) at the end of every world cruise? Someone do ask, please!

I wondered that as well. I'll certainly ask at Christmas - unless there's anyone on before who could enquire;)

Well, we can fix that. Did you scroll down on the "related" tab to "Queen Mary 2 Leaves Brooklyn?" It's only 47 seconds, but it is the QM2, blasting her horn three times as she departs. Perhaps you could join the two!

Karie,

There is a QE2 youtube video during which the whistle is heard. In the youtube search bar, type in "queen elizabeth 2 a trieste." Video was evidently taken earlier in the fall when QE2 called at Trieste. I did see the Queen Mary 2 video. There are others, too, which are quite thrilling.

Bobby

PS... The one and only Queen is waiting for you!

Bobby,

I found the QE2 A Trieste video. And if you go back to the QE2 charity or even the QM2 leaving Brooklyn, suddenly a whole bunch of related ones appear on the screen! guess I know what I will be doing the rest of the night! Fixing dinner be damned!

Karie,

who has just discovered where the cats have been misbehaving and moved the console TV and couch and vacuumed so Marc could do his thing with the rug cleaner!

The World Cruise Charity Video seems to be a regular event now. If I recall, I think it was completed by the time we got to Sydney, because I remember that they had a showing of it around about that time. I recall a couple of times one of our waiters was late for lunch as she was involved in the filming and it always seemed to take longer than expected.

Regards, Louise

Okay QE2 World Cruisers!

You know the deal.

Your mission, should you shoose to accept it, is to get hold of the new video. Since it is being produced for charity, I imagine there is a way to contribute and get a copy in return! Surely we can find a place to host it (or a round robin loan program amongst long time ccers)

Karie,

who would contribute to THAT charitable cause!

really great to see this again!! As I recall it was done in the South Pacific and was being sold on board. I think they probably sold all the copies. I recognised Jonathan Leavor, the Purser, as well as many named by others. It was a great trip.Thanks for posting the link!:)

hi all

i actually happen to be one of the people who has a copy of this, and i can tell you that there is two outtake videos with it, one is the same as what has been posted, but everyones 'lovely' singing voices have been left in, and the second one is filming outtakes that go for about ten minutes... leaves me laughing throughout.

i know after this one was made, they (being warren and martyn) were planning on doing another during next years world cruise, but if you look at the credits and see who did the editing for them, she won't be on board this year, so whether they can find someone else who can do that for them i guess would play a part in whether they do another or not...

happing sailing!

I actually happen to be one of the people who has a copy of this

Spaz - watch out - that's the kind of comment that encourages posts like this one asking if there's any chance of you uploading the other bits of the video to U Tube:rolleyes:

Or offerings of large bribes to get a copy!

If Cunard were to offer this video up to Cruise Critics, I daresay, they might get more for their charity.

Actually, Spaz, maybe it's my (very old) PC, but I couldn't see the credit. They were too muddled.

Who was the Charity- Was it the Seaman's Trust fund, or whatever the one is associated with the boat near the purser's desk? (Well, at least on QM2 it is- I assume there is a similar display on QE2)

Karie,

Who would def buy this for a reasonable amount!

i believe that the charity they collect for near the pursers desk is for the misson to seafarers, and the qe2 picks a different charity each year for the world cruise charity (this year is was to raise money for building houses in the phillipines that were destroyed by cyclones), and they were selling the dvd for a $10 usd donation, though many were paying more... and i believe the total raised was around $70,000 usd over the entire world cruise. as to who edited it, it was the captains daughter.

They were selling the dvd for a $10 usd donation, though many were paying more.

That gives me another reason to look forward to next month. When I get onboard I can ask them if they have any copies left (unfortunately I doubt they will have:( ). Where were they selling them? Do you have any contact info for the producers?

I can't understand why they would go to all the trouble to make this sort of a video and then not offer it for sale on their website. Imagine how much money they could raise for the designated charity if lots of people, not just those lucky enough to be taking a World Cruise, could buy it.

I, for one, would gladly buy this complete video (including the outtakes) for a lot more than $10 USD.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived