How can I tell how many people specific cabins will sleep?

MrsFMarkB

Is there a deck plan anywhere that will tell you how many people a specific cabin will sleep on the Disney Dream? The category I have booked says that the cabins sleep 3 or 4. I need one of the cabins to sleep 4, and have just found out through my TA that both connecting cabins I currently have booked only sleep 3.

I want to look for cabins, but can't find this information on the deck plans anywhere. If anyone can help, I would be most appreciative!

This is tour TA's job to figure out and present you with. You would have to look to see what cabin categories actually sleep four and then look for them. I don't understand how DCL took a booking for a cabin that didn't sleep the number of people on the booking. Something isn't adding up or you TA screwed up royally.

DCL will not book 4 people into a cabin that sleeps 3. Their computer system will not allow it even if one of the people is an infant who will sleep in a crib.

I don't understand how even the most ignorant TA can make this mistake as the computer at DCL is the safeguard. But yes, if you used a TA, it is their responsibility to make sure you have exactly what you want.

But you can call DCL and pretend to be inquiring about a new reservation...and ask about the occupancy of your specific cabins. Just don't tell them what date. Simply ask how many people can sleep in cabin WXYZ.

Again pure speculation here, but could the TA have gotten the information wrong or conveyed it wrongly to the OP about occupancy based on Lifeboat accommodation?

As in the rooms both could sleep up to 4, but they only have available occupancy for 3 per room due to the levels of that area of the ship?

ex techie

Shmoo, you are absolutely correct! I am traveling solo, so I booked one of the children with me. It was full disclosure......TA knew I was doing this. So Disney didn't do anything wrong by allowing the booking.

I was just hoping that I could see which cabins would accommodate this, instead of having so much back and forth. I admit I'm picky about my cabin selection, so this may take awhile!

Thanks for all the replies!

Shmoo, you are absolutely correct! I am traveling solo, so I booked one of the children with me. It was full disclosure......TA knew I was doing this. So Disney didn't do anything wrong by allowing the booking.

I was just hoping that I could see which cabins would accommodate this, instead of having so much back and forth. I admit I'm picky about my cabin selection, so this may take awhile!

Thanks for all the replies!

I agree that calling DCL and asking specifically about the rooms you are interested in is probably the easiest, quickest way to find out.

You can also do a dummy booking (for 4 people) online, and when you get to where you actually select a room, DCL will only show you rooms that sleep 4. but that take more time, if you're just searching out what rooms.

The deck plans SHOW what kinds (and how many) beds are in each cabin. NEVER book without the deck plans in front of you!

What deck plans are you looking at? All the ones I see just state (for example) "Sleeps 3-4" or "Sleeps 3" or "Sleeps 4-5" etc. No specific room capacities.

How many adults can sleep on the sofa bed when turned down?

Is it one or two?

ex techie

I think (but could be wrong) that some have a pull down bed while some do not.

The sofa bed only sleeps one if it's anything like the one we had on the Dream.

I think (but could be wrong) that some have a pull down bed while some do not.

The sofa bed only sleeps one if it's anything like the one we had on the Dream.

I'm not sure which ones they are (verandah rooms, maybe?) that the sofa bed is actually one of the "traditional" fold out, double beds on the Dream (and Fantasy). But most sofa beds are the fold down (back folds down over the seat) type that have a twin bed mattress in them.

Is there a deck plan anywhere that will tell you how many people a specific cabin will sleep on the Disney Dream? The category I have booked says that the cabins sleep 3 or 4. I need one of the cabins to sleep 4, and have just found out through my TA that both connecting cabins I currently have booked only sleep 3.

I want to look for cabins, but can't find this information on the deck plans anywhere. If anyone can help, I would be most appreciative!

If you are looking at an actual Disney deck plan when you see a small dark triangle the room will sleep a minimum of 4 and possible 5 people. Now the configuration of the sleeping setup is a different story. You will need to call a Disney rep to verify the exact configuration. Believe it or not I had to talk to three different reps before I could confirm my cabin had a murphy bed and no drop down bed. The triangle means the room will have a queen bed, a sofa sleeper and a drop down from the ceiling or a murphy bed or both. All of the other comments so far are right on the money.

Ex techie, I have looked at those deck plans, a lot. If the individual cabin capacity is indicated there, I sure can't find it. On other cruise lines, there has always been a "key" that has allowed me to know individual cabin capacity.

cb at sea, I'm with Shmoo......please tell me where you are finding this. Everything I see is just giving a range within a category.

cruisefamilyforever, I don't care about the configuration at all, just capacity. I want the family of 4 to be able to sleep together in one cabin. Ok, the small dark triangles: I think they are only on the connecting cabins and the points of triangles face each other, indicating which 2 cabins connect. The cabins that I have been told by Disney only sleep 3 each have those triangles, too.

So strange. Would like to know why they make it so hard.....I've really gotten frustrated today trying to get the cabin situation worked out.

My thanks to all of you again for your help! Such a great group of folks here!

Cruisefamilyforever, I owe you an apology. Thank you for your information! Someone else had given me wrong information about the triangles.

I believe I have the cabin situation worked out.....finally!

Thank you!

Not a problem. I have sailed the Dream and I'm on the Fantasy next month. What cabins are you currently booked?

Also, moki'smommy, Shmoo here and Ex techie are the A Team when it comes to Disney Cruises. They all have a wealth of Disney experience and are the go to people I count on when I'm looking for info. It's amazing how much knowledge and insight they can provide.

Additionally, if you haven't been on the Disneycruiselineblog please have a look. There is a lot of real time info there and you can look at the latest Personal Navigators for your cruise to help you plan.

I hope you have a wonderful trip. We loved our cruise on the Dream.

Cruisefamilyforever, I have the cabins now that I had originally asked for....6652 & 6654. They will both sleep 4! A mistake had been made and we were booked into 6552 & 6554, which I was told would sleep max 3 each. I am now a happy girl!

Thanks for the tip on Disneycruiselineblog. I will check it out for sure!

Cruisefamilyforever, I have the cabins now that I had originally asked for....6652 & 6654. They will both sleep 4! A mistake had been made and we were booked into 6552 & 6554, which I was told would sleep max 3 each. I am now a happy girl!

Thanks for the tip on Disneycruiselineblog. I will check it out for sure!

You will love those rooms. They have plenty of room and they are close to where we were on the Dream. Both rooms have a queen-size bed, a single convertible sofa and upper berth pull-down bed so four people will sleep comfortably. We all slept like babies and thought the beds could not have been any better. My son loved the pull down because the ceiling above the bed looks like you are staring at the stars in the sky at night. Storage is better than any other cruise line I've been on and bathrooms are as good as it gets.

I hope you all have a lovely and magical cruise!